Tuesday, July 5, 2011

4th of July and Some Randomness

I hope you all had a great and safe 4th of July! We had a fun night and we have a few great pictures to share. But first, some random things. :) Today starts a busy couple of weeks (months, really) as we start getting everything prepared for moving on the 16th. One of those things was Ashlyn's 3 year well child (I still have a hard time saying well-child instead of well-baby) appointment. We decided to do it early so we could go ahead and have it with the pediatrician we know and who is a little familiar with her and her charts. Everything looked great! She's still small (11th percentile for weight) but that's right on track for her so that's good. And from what she showed by talking up a storm while there, what we've told the doctor she knows, and filling out the questionairre filled with questions on stuff she can or can't do, he says that she is doing great developmentally. Yay!

Another random little thought I've been having is about this blog. Don't worry, of course we're still going to have it. But the title "An Iguana's Tail" is perfect for GTMO, but I want to rename it when we move. Any ideas on a new title for when we live in Florida? Now that some major things we had going on are over (namely our pack out, Ashlyn's party, and my last GTMO cake order), I have a little free thinking time to come up with something. It should be fun. :) The banner with all the pictures is due to be updated, too, so I'll do that after we move and we have some pictures from around our new neighborhood.

Anyway, on to the pictures! For dinner I made a ravioli lasagna and decorated it.


No other decorations or anything went up this year since everything's packed and gone, of course. But anyway, we always put Ashlyn in a patriotic outfit on 4th of July (I still remember the past two outfits, too) and this was her this year.


She is wearing her brand new light up shoes. She LOVES them! They are a size above what she's wearing now, but she's going to outgrow size 6 soon so we wanted to buy it in a size 7. They aren't so big that they were ridiculous for her to wear for one night.

We didn't have a chance to research the best way to take pictures of fireworks before we left, but Aaron played around with the camera before they started and found a great setting so he got some really cool shots. Here are a few of them!


Don't they look great? I can't wait to take pictures of some fireworks at Walt Disney World! I was already excited about taking our new, cool camera there but now there's an extra thing to look forward to taking pics of. :)

1 comment:

  1. I love the picture of the heart firework!! ♥ We saw some heart fireworks last night too, along with smiley faces but Dave had already put the camera away. Ashlyn looks cute in her 4th of July outfit. Dawson has always been in some kind of patriotic shirt, too, and last year we started buying Old Navy shirts for all of us which we will probably continue to do every year. (They are only $5 a shirt and this year they also had a buy 2 get 1 free sale on everything in the store.)

    I'm glad Ashlyn's appointment went well!

    ReplyDelete