Sunday, May 23, 2010

Pocahontas Movie Night

Yesterday was our latest movie night! It was put together kinda last minute because we didn't decide until a week or so before that we would watch Pocahontas. I was pretty excited that Aaron picked it because I had never seen it before.

Here is our table. I broke out the leaves from our Thanksgiving decorations. Aaron surprised me with the flowers you see on the table a few days before. They are beautiful. :)

For dinner we had a mini Thanksgiving meal... turkey, cranberry sauce (for Aaron), mashed potatoes, corn, and even some pumpkin pie!

For the craft, I found a cool Earth Day project to do with Ashlyn that could be connected with the movie. We made a wreath of her handprints, put some lyrics from the song "Colors of the Wind" in the middle, and all three of us decorated it with stickers.

The lyric is "The rainstorm and the river are my brothers. The heron and the otter are my friends. And we are all connected to each other In a circle, in a hoop that never ends."

My dad is sending us a copy of The Lion King so I am planning on doing that for our next movie night! I'm excited to see how Ashlyn likes it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment