Sunday, August 29, 2010

Where Can You Find Both Elmo and Princesses? Apparently Our House!

Today a family that we are very good friends with threw a birthday party for their youngest, Arya. Their daughter is the one that I've mentioned before as having the same exact birthday as Ashlyn. Well, they are moving from the island a week from this Tuesday :( so they wanted to celebrate it early. Stephanie, the mom, had asked me to make Elmo cake pops for the party, so of course I did!

I am pretty proud of how they turned out. They melted in the short drive to the community center, though!!! The noses were sliding everywhere and some fell off. :( But we repositioned a few noses, stuck them in the freezer, and they made it okay. Not perfect, but still kinda cute.

I also made all of Arya's gifts. I sewed a roll-up crayon holder, but I don't have a picture of it. It's pretty much a wallet almost with individual little pockets to hold crayons. It was my very first project on the sewing machine (I made one for Ashlyn and one for Arya) and I'm proud of it. I also made two princess hair clips!

Obviously Cinderella and Ariel. Ashlyn has an Ariel one, too, but the Cinderella is the very first one I made. I haven't had a chance to make Ashlyn one yet, but I still have all the materials on the dining room table and I plan to make one for her this week. :)

1 comment:

  1. Everything turned out so cute! You'll have to send me a pic of Ashlyn's crayon holder, was it hard? I don't even own a sewing machine yet but when I get one I definitely want to make one of those!

    I'm sorry your friends are leaving. :( That's awesome that they did her birthday party early so all her friends would be there to celebrate!

    ReplyDelete