Monday, December 20, 2010

The "Official" Dance Recital

Wow, what a busy weekend! So Friday was the "real" dance recital at the Children's and Youth Program Parents Appreciation Dinner (well, we call it the CYP Appreciation Dinner, but who would really know what I was talking about?). Ashlyn mainly rebelled and ran around the back of the stage with another little girl, but she did dance some, too and was ADORABLE!

Here is Ashlyn, her teacher, and all her little ballerina friends (a friend of mine took a great picture of this... that's who everyone is looking at in this one).


Here they are waiting to get on stage.


Here is one of the dances they did. There was just waaaaaay too much cuteness going on.



Another dance they did was jumping up and down to the Tigger song (The most wonderful thing about Tiggers is Tiggers are wonderful things...). All the girls just loved this one! I would be tempted to upload all the videos, but you wouldn't see this post for another week if I did that! The internet here is just too slow to upload a lot of videos. Don't worry, I'll make sure they're on the camera when we come to Alabama soon and to Cali in a few months. :)

** side note: I don't know if you can see it in one of the pictures or in the video, but Ashlyn has this little natural curl going on in her hair. I know she'll probably hate it when she's older because it's only in the back and the top layer of hair is all straight so it pokes out of that layer sometimes and it's really only one chunk of hair that's curly (well, wavy). But it makes her ponytails look EXTRA cute! It almost looks like I put a curling iron in her hair, but it's natural. :) Okay, side note over. **

Aaron got off work early to come to the recital (he wouldn't have missed it for anything) and stopped at the store on his way and got Ashlyn some flowers and balloons.


She loved them, of course. He's such a wonderful Daddy. ♥ We weren't going to sign her up for the next dance session (we were going to wait until the one after), but we're going to go ahead and try to sign her up again. There are only 7 spots so we'll have to hurry, but we'll sure try. You can just see how much fun she has with it and she still dances around the house every single day. It's definitely one of her favorite things.

1 comment:

  1. That is so adorable!!! She looks like she is having so much fun up on stage, I'm glad that she is already liking dance a lot. :)

    Can I ask you for a favor? When you're in Alabama will you please pick Dawson up a postcard if you think about it? I'm still on a mission of collecting them for him.

    ReplyDelete