The weekend after Easter there was a reptile show (there is one each year where the guy talks about all the reptiles native to Cuba) and we definitely had to go. First there was a big spider *shudder* and I prayed the guy would not come close to us because I was already having heart palpitations being in the same area as it. He didn't come near, so everything was okay. There were also frogs and snakes.
Ashlyn loved the frogs and even petted the snakes.
They also had the fire trucks out since it was a celebration for the Month of the Military Child. Ashlyn LOVES fire trucks so we had to check it out.
Aaron's been busy at work lately, too. This past Tuesday he led a training exercise and took pictures. Some of them made it into the Gazette, too, and a two-page article he wrote all about the training!
You know how we usually have movie nights every so often? Well, we decided to have a book night tonight. We've recently borrowed Pinkalicious from the library (I had heard nothing but good things about it online) and it is very cute. Ashlyn really enjoyed it. I had seen some cute Pinkalicious birthday parties online, too, and thought it would be a cute idea to have some book nights along with our movie nights. Anyway, so Pinkalicious was our first book (I'm thinking If You Give A Mouse A Cookie might be our next one... still haven't decided what our next movie will be)!
In Pinkalicious a little girl eats so many pink cupcakes that she turns pink! The doctor says the only way to cure it (pinkititis) is to eat green foods. So for dinner we had pink and green foods. The sandwiches were our favorite... pesto (green), provolone cheese, and tomatoes on sourdough bread. We also had grapes, celery with peanut butter, pink chocolate dipped strawberries (though half weren't dipped), and of course pink cupcakes!
Shortly after dinner, Ashlyn had walked into the kitchen while Aaron and I were in the living room. We didn't think anything of it because it's not really abnormal and she has fridge toys in there. Anyway, she comes back into the living room licking frosting from her fingers. :/ Aaron and I go into the kitchen and see...
HA! It was really hard not to laugh. It was pretty cute.
I'm not sure when I'll be updating again, but hopefully I will be in just a couple of weeks. Next week we are going to be very busy. Not only are we leaving a week from this coming Saturday to go house hunting, but I have a big cake and cake pop order for right before we leave. So we'll be getting everything together to leave and I'll be baking and decorating up a storm. But I will be getting on during or after our trip to Florida to keep you all updated on how our hunt is going.
No comments:
Post a Comment