There was also a "throw the ring around the bottle" game. I was trying to show Ashlyn how to throw them, but she would just walk up and place them on. haha She had a blast.
After the games, it was time for the Easter egg hunt! It was Ashlyn's first "real" Easter egg hunt (that wasn't just in our backyard or living room). She had SO much fun!
Doesn't she look like such a big girl in that last picture? She's so beautiful. I just can't believe how big she's getting! She also was able to see the Easter Bunny again! He had changed clothes and put in his contacts for this occasion. ;) She loved him again.
Seriously, I need to stop putting her hair in a ponytail. She looks so much older! The night before Easter we left out a little snack for the Easter Bunny. This is the first holiday Ashlyn really started to understand why we were leaving treats out and whatnot. It's going to be really fun this Christmas telling her about Santa and the real reason we celebrate! Anyway, we left out a special Rice Krispie treat (Ashlyn and I made them that day and cut them into spring/Easter shapes) and, of course, a carrot!
This morning Ashlyn came downstairs to find her Easter basket had overfilled onto her pink table!
She got some TinkerBell fairy wings, a ballerina Barbie (well, her brunette friend), a Tangled playset (are you really surprised?), a Dora puzzle, a very pretty spring Aurora tiara, and her very first chocolate bunny! I loved the chocolate bunny because it is made to be broken into pieces easily and was small. That way she doesn't just have a giant chocolate bunny to dive into. :) She loved all the goodies the Easter Bunny brought her. She and Aaron are playing with the puzzle as we speak. She also really loves her ballerina Barbie and Tangled playset. Everything, really, but so far those are her favorites. :)
We hope you all had a great Easter!
Ashlyn looks so pretty in her dress and I LOVE the tiara!! I'm glad you guys had a great weekend!
ReplyDelete