Ashlyn has a few favorite songs that she always asks us to sing at naptime and bedtime. She loves all the songs from Snow White and asks for them a lot. If I sing "Wishing" first she'll sing the first line to "Someday My Prince Will Come" and ask for me to sing that. Today at naptime, though, she kept going and sang almost the whole song! She let us get a video of it, too. She gets a little shy in front of the camera, though, and fidgets and whatnot, but she did very well.
Here are the lyrics in case you can't understand her very well.
"Someday my prince will come.
Someday we'll meet again
And away to his castle we'll go
To be happy forever, I know.
Someday when spring is here
We'll find our love anew...."
At this point Ashlyn goes back to "And away to his castle we'll go" when it actually says "And the birds will sing and wedding bells will ring someday when my dreams come true." She sings that part when I'm singing with her but forgets it when she sings by herself. :) She is so cute and it's amazing to see that she remembers so much!
Ashlyn just loves music and singing and dancing. She likes to sing along during our naptime and bedtime routines. She still dances anytime she hears music on TV or radio. She loves watching Dancing with the Stars, So You Think You Can Dance, and Angelina Ballerina. She tries to do all the moves the dancers/characters do. It's so cute! You can just see the look of joy on her face when she dances. :) She just happens to be a very musical girl. :)
How We Found Out Our Son Had Cancer...Again
7 years ago
That was so sweet! She sings so well!!! I think Dawson has a little crush on her. *lol* He asked to watch the video 3 times in a row and he had the cutest smile and a shy little giggle every now and then when he was watching her. haha
ReplyDeleteWe sing before bed, too, but we usually use Rock-a-bye baby or Twinkle, Twinkle. Those seem like baby songs compared to what Ashlyn is singing. I'm starting to wonder if I baby Dawson too much? I hope I'm not holding him back by doing so. :/