Aaron's mom and dad knew she was getting that so they got her some princes to go with them. We never even thought of that!
While I was unpacking the princes, Ashlyn would bring me the princess that "goes" with the prince I was unpacking at the time. :)
She got Jingle, which is a dog that barks and whatnot when you say certain phrases in the book that comes with him. We were already thinking of getting this when Aaron's Aunt Barbara said she would like to get it for her. We read it twice right away and then once for bedtime. She is now sleeping with Jingle. :)
One of the presents Aaron's grandparents, Meme and Dadaw, got Ashlyn is a microphone with an amp. Ashlyn loves to sing so this is a big hit, too. Here is one of the videos of her singing (and dancing with Jingle!). It comes with a stand for the mic, but Ashlyn prefers to dance around while singing. :) I would normally apologize for the mess, but I think it's expected on Christmas Eve. ;)
She also got a new learning laptop and Tangled play set from Meme and Dadaw that she loves.
She is going to be a busy girl for a long time! We have been donating a few of the toys that she's outgrown in the past month or so, so now we have a little more room for all the new things and hopefully someone will love the toys we donated. :) Thank you everyone, again, so much for thinking of us this Christmas. While Ashlyn always has fun at Christmas or any event (or any day, really), this is the first year she really got excited and understood what Christmas is. It was so incredible watching her get excited about opening presents, preparing for Christmas, wishing everyone we saw a merry Christmas, everything. She has such a big heart. When we were first telling her earlier in the month that Santa was coming to bring her presents, her first question was what was Santa getting. :) She was happy when we told her we'd be leaving cookies for Santa and a carrot for the reindeer. Our Christmas cookies had all been eaten, but she helped me make some brownies earlier today (and Aaron had grabbed some Oreos when he was at the store today... mainly because we had heard that they were the most common cookie left out for Santa so it was just kinda funny :D ). She loved setting everything out for them (while wearing her Minnie ears, of course).
We hope you have a very blessed and merry Christmas. We love you!
I don't think I ever realized that you guys open presents on Christmas Eve. It looks like Ashlyn got a TON of cool stuff! Seeing all the barbies really makes me hope that Ashlynn is a girly-girl!! I wanna play barbies with her! *lol* What did you and Aaron get for Christmas?
ReplyDeleteOh and I love the video of her singing! Dawson likes to dance around while he sings, too (I just posted a video of him playing his guitar while he's singing and dancing in our blog). Maybe Dawson and Ashlyn could start a band together. :P