Her door shows some of her favorite things: princesses, drawing, and the Fresh Beat Band (which we are listening to as I type this, actually).
I'll get the messy pictures out of the way first, so let's start to the right as soon as you walk into her room. You'll see her closet (her calendar that we mark off each day with stickers is next to the closet... she's really good at knowing her days of the week and knowing what day comes after the day you mention). I had gotten some wall decals at Target and they are all around the room, including right above her closet.
Sorry for the mess on the shelves, again. I just need to find time to go through everything and organize better. So let's pretend they are nice and organized. :) Anyway, we obviously took the door off the closet so it could be her dress up area so she'd have more room. Her vanity is there as well as all her dress up clothes. Her dresses and stuff are on a short hanger area (as you can see) and her shoes, masks, purses, and miscellaneous are on the hanging shelves. I put push pins in the wall and hung up her tiaras (notice one missing in the middle? Somewhere in the house there is a little princess with a Cinderella tiara running around). Right across, where you can't see, are some more push pins for other hats and stuff. There is also a full length mirror in there (to the right of the vanity).
Moving on from the closet, is her dresser. Here are some flowers Ashlyn picked out herself at the Dollar Store. I like how it turned out.
Next to that is just random storage and stuff. Her smaller toys in the bins, the chair we use for bedtime stories, and her toy box of stuffed animals.
Next is her bed.
I absolutely love how her bed area turned out. So does Ashlyn. As soon as I revealed it to her, she said it was like a garden. :) Sometimes she pretends her room is a restaurant and calls it the Garden Restaurant. :) Totally worth it. Oh, and I painted that A myself. I like how it turned out.
Next to her bed is her bookcase. She has so many books and keeps getting more! That pink bin is specifically for her library books (we just got back from the library when I took these pictures so they hadn't made it in there yet). We are so glad we got the bookcase and she's finally starting to put the books away correctly (or close to it) most of the time. So it's been looking nice for a little bit. She loves to hang out on this bean bag (and I used more wall decals to continue the garden theme) and read.
Last thing is her dollhouse. She loves this thing and all her dolls. :)
Well, there's Ashlyn's room! It took me long enough, but I never really took the time to do it. Probably because I wasn't sure where I wanted to go with it and Ashlyn wasn't a big help because she would always change her answer. :) When I finally realized that the perfect combination of her favorite color (green) and princesses was a garden, it all fell into place.
So cute!! Love aunt Karen
ReplyDelete