I'm really wanting to post on here more, but sometimes just not much happens. Not much that isn't a part of our every day schedule, at least. So I think if I combine everything into a weekly post (unless, of course, we have a big trip or something extra special happens), it will work out better. :)
This week was Spring Break for the schools around here so there was some fun stuff going on. And Ashlyn didn't have her classes, either, so we found other cool things to do.
So as you know, since I put up a post about it, Monday Ashlyn had her toes painted for the first time, we had a Dumbo movie night, and went to a carnival. Fun!
Tuesday, a place called Rita's was giving away free Italian Ice to every customer. They have done this for I believe 20 years now every first day of Spring. We met up with our friend and her kids. Aaron was able to have some with us before heading to work. After I brought Ashlyn home, we planted some flowers to continue welcoming Spring.
Wednesday and Thursday not too much happened. Friday Aaron and I actually hired a babysitter. I KNOW! I was nervous, but we met the babysitter on Tuesday because she is one of our friend's kids so she brought her. We felt comfortable with her, she has experience, and she is CPR certified. We just went right down the street (seriously, like 5 minutes or something) to the theater for the opening day of The Hunger Games. Aaron and I both love the books so we were excited to see the movie. Ashlyn did really well with the babysitter. We already knew Ashlyn loved her from when they met on Tuesday.
Saturday I looked outside and realized that Ashlyn's plants were already sprouting! Here are the daisies... they were the farthest along at this point.
Ashlyn was so excited to see them growing! Sunday has been just a quiet day at home. So there's our week! It was fun and next week is going to be even busier!
Yay for weekly updates!! That was my goal at the first of the year and so far I have failed!
ReplyDeleteI like your little garden! I'm glad you guys were able to find a good babysitter, it's so nice to get out of the house without the kids sometimes.