Sorry for the long delay on updates. I can't believe it's June tomorrow! Here's a quick update on what we've been up to.
Prim is getting so big now! She is practically Ali's size. The pink spot on her nose has gone more inside her nose as it's grown. She's calmed down a bit and doesn't always chase Ali. They can hang out next to each other sometimes now without Ali running to the safety of a chair or another perch (though she does start it sometimes... she likes playing with Prim every now and then). We still say they lied to us when they said she's half mini Australian Shepherd and half Jack Russell Terrier. We say she's full-blooded Jack Russell. ;)
Ashlyn and Prim are getting to be the best of friends.
Prim will be getting the last of her puppy shots on Tuesday so we can then start taking her to dog parks, the beach, and stuff like that.
Ashlyn's gotten a burst of dancing inspiration lately. We watched "The Bartleys of Broadway" the other day (Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers) and she said she wants to dance like Ginger. Needless to say, I'm on a mission to tape on DVR and/or buy all Fred Astaire/Ginger Rogers movies. :) So I told her she just needs to practice and listen in class and she did really well the next time she had dance class.
She had a different teacher (who was really good, but she's just until the next session starts) and she was the only kid at class so that all helped. But she did SO well. And THIS is what happens after a good dance session.
She also had a playdate at a really cool park. The two girls (we don't know the third little one... just another kid having fun) ended up being dressed exactly alike... pink shirt and brown pants. It wasn't planned at all!
And just today, we went to go see a really good friend of mine, Jessica. We became close while working together in Virginia. I haven't seen her since we moved to Cuba. Her husband is in the Navy and they are moving to Monterey, CA. They came to Jacksonville for a week because her husband's dad is retiring from the Navy and the ceremony is here. So we went to go have lunch with her and meet her family. Jessica has met Aaron but not Ashlyn and she got married and had a little girl after I moved.
Ashlyn and Jessica's daughter, Kayanna, were instant friends.
We don't have too much going the rest of the week as far as we know. Aaron's school started on Monday. He has an English class over the internet and his in-seat History class starts Saturday morning. Ashlyn and I will be heading out Saturday morning, too, to get her signed up for new classes. Her current ones end next week and the new ones start on, I believe, the 18th. She will be taking gymnastics and ballet again as well as a class called "Make It and Wear It." We were going to sign her up for sign language, but it wasn't at a great time for our schedule. Maybe next time! Anyway, I will try and update again next week. Have a great week!
How We Found Out Our Son Had Cancer...Again
7 years ago







Ashlyn is too cute, it looks like you guys have been having a lot of fun. You look really cute, I LOVE that shirt! And I love your purse, too, I have the same one! :)
ReplyDelete