Sunday, June 10, 2012

Weekly Update

Well, we tried to keep ourselves busy this week!  Friday we had Ashlyn's friend, Kristianna, and her grandmother over for a playdate.  The girls played in Ashlyn's room and made their own pizzas from Papa Murphy's.

Saturday Aaron had his first History class of the semester and I took Ashlyn to sign her up for classes.  She will continue to be in ballet and gymnastics and will also be taking a class called "Create It and Wear It."  She loves art and dressing up, so I figured she might love this.  So recently Ashlyn saw a cartoon where the characters went camping (I'm thinking it was Olivia, but I can't remember) and she started pretending her and her toys were camping.  So we decided to have a little indoor camp out of our own.  We also wanted to check out the tent that Aaron's mom sent us a long time ago so we can go actual camping hopefully this summer.  Anyway, we set it up in the living room and had s'mores inside!


The week was pretty calm.  Tuesday morning Prim got her last vaccinations.  She had an allergic reaction again, even though we remembered her dose of Benadryl beforehand (she had a reaction the first set of shots and none after that until now because of the Benadryl).  The shots did include the rabies vaccination, and that's a big one, so maybe that's why.  The Benadryl did seem to delay the reaction, though.  It didn't start until after we got home.  Anyway, we gave her a little more medicine a little later and the hives and swelling went away.  Now we can take her to dog parks and other places!

This week was the last week of Ashlyn's classes.  There is only a one week break and then her new classes will start.  Ashlyn is officially done with any type of sippy cup.  It should have happened sooner, but I don't think I was completely ready to jump in.  And she had been scared to try awhile back because she would try to drink from our water bottles and it would spill all over her.  She uses cups just fine now and likes being able to drink from a "big girl cup."

Ashlyn's been drawing a lot lately on her etch-a-sketch type drawing pad.  She drew a great pig earlier in the week


and today (Sunday) she drew Mickey Mouse!


Today has been raining extra much (we've had scattered thunderstorms for a few days now) so we've been staying inside doing puzzles and playing games.  Ashlyn's new favorite game right now is Go Fish.  She is really good at it!  That's it for this week, but I'll post another update next weekend.  Have a great week!

1 comment:

  1. Dawson loves the Mini Murph pizzas from Papa Murphy's! Each time he is putting the pizza together (we've gotten it for him twice now) he's asked us if he could wear a chef's hat. haha I totally want to buy him one.

    Indoor camping is fun! We're going to have to do that with the kids soon. We've talked about going camping this summer but I'm too scared to take the kids unless we're sleeping in a camping trailer. I have so many irrational fears when it comes to the kids... I need to take a chill pill! :D

    ReplyDelete