Thursday, March 5, 2009

Ashlyn's 1st Play Date

Our friends, Stephanie and Buddy, had a little girl, Arya, the same day Ashlyn was born. Ashlyn is actually only about 10 hours older than Arya. AND we both had c-sections. It's funny how it worked out that way. They had Arya off island, though. Anyway, I went over to their house today and we put the girls on the floor together to play. They held hands and smiled at each other. It was way too cute!!!

They have two big golden retrievers and this was the first time Ashlyn has seen a dog up close (besides toys, of course!). Stephanie and I joked about how Ashlyn was probably thinking, "Wow, that's a big kitty!"

Ashlyn used to be extremely shy and very sensitive whenever we took her out to church or to Stephanie and Buddy's house. She would scream and just wouldn't be happy at all. She has been so much better now, though! Last Sunday she was great during fellowship (she's always good during the service) and even smiled and talked to a couple of people. And today she was great at their house. She did cry a little bit, but mainly when she was hungry and tired. I was very proud of her, though!

Off topic, but Aaron ran to the NEX today to grab some diapers and other little things while I got Ashlyn ready for bed. We had to buy her size 2 diapers! Our little girl is growing up! :(

No comments:

Post a Comment