Friday, August 14, 2009

Riding in Style

Our little baby girl is growing up! She is fast outgrowing her infant car seat and the other day her new convertible car seat came in. We haven't adjusted it or anything yet, but we put her in it to see if she likes it. She sure looks cute in it, but it makes me sad that we had to get her a bigger seat!


We had an interesting experience in our own backyard today. Aaron was in the kitchen and I was on the couch feeding Ashlyn. I looked out the back window and saw our outdoor/stray cat, Slim, stalking something that was around the corner. I told Aaron that Slim had found a bird or lizard or something. Then all of a sudden, here comes an iguana waltzing around the corner! Slim is apparently protective of her territory and attacked the iguana! Aaron went out and chased it out of our yard, which took awhile because the poor iguana was pretty dumb and kept running into the fence. But the iguana left and hasn't come back yet thanks to my brave husband and our guard cat!

Besides the iguana attack, we just ran some errands today. Sent off the third and last package I'm sending my Muffin Tin Monday swap partner, went to the library, and stopped by the NEX. Tomorrow we are getting up bright and early (well, when Ashlyn wakes us up at 5:45am) and going to a garage sale down the street. We are also having a couple of friends over for a chicken pot pie dinner. I am making a cake and cake pops as a last practice run of Ashlyn's birthday cake. Should be fun! We hope you all are having a fabulous weekend so far.

1 comment:

  1. That is a very cute convertible seat! We moved Dawson into his months ago, I guess technically he could still fit in his infant carrier (up to 30lbs and 32in) but I LOVE his convertible seat so much better. Ashlyn looks like she is going to be pretty comfy in hers, too.

    And if you happen to take any pictures of the cake and cake pops, you have to send them to me! :-)

    ReplyDelete