And we also colored a Thanksgiving page. You can see in just that month or so she got better with her squiggles!
That picture was taken with her Muffin Tin Meal that she gets every week. It follows a different theme each week. I put that stuff up on my other blog, Three A's and a C. Along with the food and the picture, you can see a little turkey. I traced Ashlyn's hand and decorated it with construction paper, a googly eye, and some scrunched up tissue paper (for the feathers). Here's a close-up.
Also around Thanksgiving I saw so many pictures of cute little Oreo turkeys people made so I just had to do it, too! It isn't perfect (like one of the eyes is broken) because it, um, fell on the floor. Oh well. No one got to eat it, but it looked cute!
Before Thanksgiving was even here, I was really in the Christmas spirit. So instead of begging Aaron to get the tree out WAY too early, I went ahead and started on some Christmas crafts with Ashlyn. One idea I got from a few different people I saw online. It was a Christmas tree made out of Ashlyn's handprints! (We've been doing a lot of handprint work lately.)
And I made up a plan to make an angel from Ashlyn's footprint and two handprints.
I'm really proud of this one. I didn't get the idea from anyone. After I made it I did look around and found someone made something similar last year, I think, but mine is a bit different. I'm sure many people have done something like this, but I was proud of myself for thinking of it, too! :)
Anyway, we also have made a wreath with her handprints, but it's not finished yet. I'll share it when it's done! I know none of these pictures include any of us, so here's a random one from the other day. For our 3rd wedding anniversary, the three of us went to brunch at the "fancy" restaurant on island. We love brunch there but don't go very often. So we all got GTMO dressed up and Aaron couldn't help but take a picture of his girls. :)
That's it for now, but we'll try to post soon! I'll try to make sure to post sooner than a week and a half again! Geez, what have I been doing? :)
I love all the crafts you have been doing! Everything has turned out so cute!
ReplyDelete