Sunday, November 1, 2009

This Is Halloween, This Is Halloween

**Sorry this is posted after Halloween. The internet was running slow and we all really needed to get to bed. But better late than never!**

We just wanted to share some pictures of our little Halloween tricks. Actually, it was all treats tonight. :) First, here is our front porch all decked out.

We left out a bowl of candy since we were going to be out with Ashlyn. We obviously didn't get many kids... we didn't last year, either. We live on a street without many families so people don't usually head that far out.


Here is a close-up of the sign. I had started to take it down before I remembered we didn't have a picture taken of it. That's why it's ripped on the corner. It says, "Serpents and spiders, tail of a rat, Call in the spirits, wherever they're at! Beware ghosts and ghoulies that you may meet And take a handful of candy as your Halloween treat!" (I used the Haunted Mansion as my inspiration.)


We also had a few Halloween songs downloaded onto our computer and Aaron hooked up his iPod speakers to it. We had the speakers out the front door so trick-or-treaters would be drawn by the music! We thought it was pretty cool, even if no one really came around to hear it. We're sure our neighbors just loved listening to the same three songs over and over. haha When our door was closed before we left we could barely hear it so I'm sure it didn't bother them. :)

This is the first house Ashlyn went to!

The couple and their dog were all dressed up.

We went trick-or-treating with two great families. The one that I just met that night had a little girl dressed as a flamenco dancer.

Her mom and I had little Halloween touches. She had a bat headband and wand and I had a spider necklace and earrings.

I unfortunately didn't get a picture of this little guy in his costume, but Logan is the little boy whose family Aaron sponsored not too long ago. He was a frog. We all had wanted to take a picture of Logan and Ashlyn together all dressed up, but we had forgotten by the end of the night. His parents were dressed up, too.


We stopped by our good friend's, the Snedekers, house. They were out trick-or-treating, but their oldest son, Ashe, stayed home to pass out candy. Ashlyn wasn't sure what to think about his costume, but he lifted his mask so she could see who it was. She didn't cry and didn't act scared or anything, just iffy about the whole deal. :)

Here is Ashlyn holding her pixie stick "wand" and getting candy from our friend Nick.


Here is Ashlyn's Halloween bucket filled with all the candy she got!

We all had a lot of fun and hope you all had a fabulous and scary Halloween!

1 comment: