Monday, December 14, 2009

Freddie, With Your Self So Bright, Won't You Guide Our Boat Tonight?

Saturday night was the Holiday Boat Parade! Well, we didn't go to watch it... that's because we were in it! Aaron and another person decorated a harbor security boat for the parade and Aaron was going to be the one to drive it. So Ashlyn and I, along with another guy in security and the son of the other person who helped decorate the boat, tagged along to represent the security department. It was a lot of fun!

Here is the security boat all lit up before we set off. The polar bear on the front, acting as a cross between a figurehead and Rudolph, is actually ours. Aaron took it from our front yard for the night. (We call him Fred.)


When we set off towards the Marina, where the parade was starting from, the sun was just setting. It was quite beautiful.


Here's a picture of Ashlyn and me hanging out on the back of the boat (It isn't the best picture of me out of the ones we have, but Ashlyn was cute being a ham). Ashlyn had a lot of fun and was so excited pointing at all the boats and lights around us.


Here is a shot of Aaron and Ashlyn that I just LOVE.


Here are some pictures of a few of the boats that were in the parade. We were able to take a few good pictures once we were all docked and waiting for the awards ceremony (everyone got participation awards). The pictures I took during the parade came out pretty blurry.


And here is a picture of Aaron, Ashlyn, and Santiago (the guy in security that was working that night that I mentioned earlier) accepting the award from the Commanding Officer of the Base.(I had convinced Aaron to wear the Santa hat for the parade).


We had a blast and are so glad we are able to share the pictures and everything with you! The next big thing this month is my cookie exchange on Saturday! I'm going to try to take lots of pictures. :) Have a great week!

2 comments:

  1. Ah yes, GTMO during the holidays...looks like fun! Aaron should wear a Santa hat for all special occasions! I found your e-mail with the blog address, obviously! Cool! kyley

    ReplyDelete