The original plan was to put it in the Christmas cards, but yeah... we're going to be taking a different picture for that. :) Oh, and speaking of Santa, click this link to see who's on Santa's Nice List this year!!!
This evening we went out to dinner before heading out to a parade. In the lobby they had a few decorations up.
Then got a great spot for the Electrical Lights Parade.
I am officially going to call it the Main Street Electrical Parade because, well, it goes down the main street on base and I love Disney. Here is the Security float. They did not make a float ahead of time so they asked Aaron if they could borrow one of the boats. He spent half of the day on Friday getting the boat on the trailer and over to the parade area.
And here are a few other cool floats.
Anyway, it was a lot of fun. This was our first year going and I think we'll definitely make a point of going next year. Not only were there great floats, but some people threw out candy and one float actually threw out stuffed animals to the kids in the crowd. Ashlyn got a cute blue gorilla. Next weekend is the Holiday Boat Parade so we'll make sure to take pictures there, too! :)
Oh, and we can't end this post without saying...
ALABAMA IS THE 2009 SEC CHAMPION!!!!

Roll Tide!
Yeah, she doesn't look too thrilled to see Santa, either. *lol* Hopefully next year they will be excited about seeing him. The light parade looks like it was a lot of fun. I want to take Dawson out to see the lights...I really, really want to take him to the temple because it's gorgeous there, but the weather is too cold to have him outside for more than a few minutes. I'll just have to find a neighborhood that's all decked out instead so we can stay in the car.
ReplyDelete