Ashlyn is finally ready to learn how to walk. We've been helping her practice by having her walk in between Aaron and myself but she would mainly stumble. Today she started walking on her own! Yay! But right now she only does it for short distances. She gets nervous if nothing is close to her to grab. She was walking really well between the two of us quite a few times even before Aaron grabbed the camera.
We were also practicing her fine motor skills today. I cleaned out a spice shaker and gave her some toothpicks and she put them in the holes of the shaker. All under close supervision, of course. :) But she was a pro at it right off the bat. No problems. She also has figured out how to put her animals on her Fridge Farm. Each animal is in two, the front and the back, and when you put them together it makes the animal sound. If you put two different animals together it does both sounds and calls it a "sheep-horse" or whatever combination and says "that's silly!" She has loved it since she got it for her birthday, but just last night has put the animals on herself. It's so funny how she waits for awhile without doing anything really new and then all of a sudden she does everything all at once. We're just so proud of her and all her accomplishments!
I can't see the video. It says it's private and I need to accept your friend request. :-/
ReplyDeleteThat is awesome that she could put the toothpicks in the holes...that seems like it would be hard for even me to do. *lol*
And that's awesome about the fridge farm, too. I got Dawson something similar a few weeks ago, it's a car wash and the cars are in 2 pieces. My favorite is putting a piece of a car and a piece of a plane on there. "A car-plane?" It always makes me giggle. Dawson hasn't figured out how to put the pieces on yet...and actaully I took all the pieces away last week. He kept putting them in his mouth and I'd take them out right away... And then last Sunday I was watching the Amazing Race and Dawson was sitting right next to me, I must have been really into the show, I could hear some scraping, but it took me a minute or 2 to realize Dawson was doing something! I looked over at him and he was scraping the train against his teeth and some of the paint was coming off of it! So I took them all away. Mean Mommy.
Aww! That video is so sweet! She walks so good! Yay, Ashlyn!!!
ReplyDeleteAshlyn is walking!!! That is so great :-)
ReplyDeleteLove,
Aunt Karen