I'm sorry it's been a little while since I've posted anything. But I'm back with some pictures from 4th of July (plus one from this afternoon)!
Here is our beautiful girl, waiting for the magician/comedian to start and then after that, the fireworks!

These were the first fireworks she's ever seen. They were far away so they weren't too loud.

She was pretty impressed for the first 5 or 10 minutes. She pointed and talked about them.

She got bored after that and just wanted to get down off my lap. It was past her bedtime, too. She did a lot better than I was expecting!

Now fast forward to today. We had ordered Ashlyn a few things from the Disney Store and they came in! One of the things was a Little Mermaid pillow. It's more of a decorative pillow, so it won't go in her crib, but she loves to cuddle with the pillows we keep on the couch so we wanted to get her one with her favorite princess (or who seems to be her favorite so far). I pulled it out of the box, showed it to her, and she got a big smile and reached for it! She loves it! She was carrying it around everywhere. In fact, close to her naptime I had gone to rotate the laundry and when I came back in to the living room, I found this:

Ashlyn also loves Mickey, Minnie, and Tinkerbell. She could watch her Tinkerbell movie, Mickey Mouse Clubhouse DVD (you can see her new Mickey Mouse Clubhouse Look and Find book in the picture, too), and The Little Mermaid over and over and over again!
Ashlyn's been very interested in the alphabet lately. She loves to sing the alphabet song and knows Y and Z and when they come in the song. So lately we've been focusing on different letters. Well, I really just started today. Each week we will focus on a different letter. Nothing really structured, but there will be a few activities and I try to point out words that start with that particular letter. This first week is A, of course. Today we read a story called Little Apple Goat (which also gets put on her book log... I signed her up for the Summer Reading Program and we're already having a blast - I'll post about that later) and ate an apple snack. I'm really enjoying doing this so far and it seems like she is, too!
No comments:
Post a Comment