Thursday, October 13, 2011

Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party

The last on our list for our Disney trip was Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party. We went last year and loved it so we knew it was another must do. The party is a separate ticket event but we had park tickets, too, so we were there all day. Anyway, guests with just party tickets can start coming in at 4pm and the party officially starts at 7pm. Around 6 we headed to the restrooms (the ones closest to our first stop... the princesses) to get into our costumes. Ashlyn was Rapunzel and we were the King and Queen of Corona (the kingdom in Tangled).

As soon as Ashlyn and I left the bathroom, people were just in love with Ashlyn (not that they aren't usually). A couple of people asked if they could take a picture of her. You'll see in the pictures soon, but instead of just a blond braid piece that Disney sells, we went and got a long blond wig from Target, braided it, and put flowers in it like when Rapunzel and Flynn go to the kingdom for the first time. And she had a frying pan like in the movie! We got a LOT of comments about that. Everyone kept saying that she was the first Rapunzel they saw with a frying pan. :) We went to one of the first parties (the second week I think) but a lot of little girls are Rapunzel this year! Which is why I wanted her to be a little original. Anyway, moving on...

Like I said, our first stop was the princesses because Flynn meets with Rapunzel during the party! As soon as we entered the area, Rapunzel and Flynn saw Ashlyn and started interacting with her already, even though they were the third couple you meet. Rapunzel started saying how they looked alike and Flynn saw the frying pan and was awesome. He put his hands up and said "Be careful with that frying pan!" :) Ashlyn got shy because it was the end of a long 3 days and she didn't enjoy it like she would have if we went earlier. :( But it's okay. I'll try to convince Aaron to take us again. ;)

Cinderella and Prince Charming were up first.


Cinderella almost got out of character when she saw Ashlyn and her frying pan. She said "Oh my gosh, she has a frying pan!" lol It was awesome.

Next up was Snow White and her prince.


Finally, we got to Rapunzel and Flynn. Like I said, Ashlyn didn't react well (though she did eventually give Rapunzel a hug) but they were an awesome meet and greet. Lots of fun. Flynn told her to watch the nose (not hit him with the frying pan in the nose... it's a reference to the movie). And Rapunzel said she liked our shirts and she was going to tell her parents about them. :) It made me feel better because not everyone got who we were supposed to be. I think a lot of people thought it was about the beer. lol But there were a couple of other people (mainly those who worked at Disney) understood it, too.


Shortly after this, Ashlyn ditched her wig. She didn't want it on during the princess meet and greets, but I was determined to have her wear it during that. If she didn't wear it at all afterward, I was fine. lol I'm glad we got a family picture with her still in her wig, too, though. We saw the Villians show, parade, and fireworks.


We also went to go see Mickey and Minnie in their Halloween best. We almost didn't because we were headed out to head back home and Ashlyn was just done. But it was a 5 minute wait (right after the fireworks) and Aaron said we should just go for it since Ashlyn was obsessed with Minnie this trip (actually, she still is at home. One of her stuffed Minnies... not her princess one believe it or not... never leaves her side). I'm so glad we did, because she got over being tired and upset and got some last mousey hugs. (And the picture with Mickey wasn't staged at all. We got home and looked at the pictures and realized they just happened to stand like that at the same time. Disney magic at work.)

2 comments:

  1. We saw a lot of Rapunzels at Disneyland but none of them were as cute as Ashlyn! I'm glad you guys had such a good time. I love all of your pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures!! Love you guys. Aunt Karen

    ReplyDelete