The first thing we did was make sure we went to the Disney Junior Live on Stage show. Ashlyn loves Disney Junior (especially Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and Jake & the Neverland Pirates) so we knew she'd love it. Right away she made friends with the little girl next to us (she made at least one friend at every park).
The show was a lot of fun. They even had bubbles and dubloons (gold, round pieces of paper) fall from the ceiling at different parts.
Next we made our way over to watch the Beauty and the Beast show.
I have to say this was my favorite. It was done very well and I cried a lot. haha
We also saw The Voyage of the Little Mermaid. This show was really cute. Ashlyn saw the building for the show first thing in the morning and asked about it all day. haha But that show went on continuously every 20 minutes or so all day so we hit the other shows first since they only played every so often.
I had to go to One Man's Dream: A Walt Disney Story, of course. I was really looking forward to this and it was next to the Little Mermaid show so we went afterward. I could have spent a lot of time in there, but since it was a lot of pictures, models, and the like, Ashlyn didn't have a big attention span for it. Maybe next time I'll let Aaron and Ashlyn watch the Voyage of the Little Mermaid and I'll geek out in One Man's Dream. ;)
My favorite pictures of Walt are of his working. You can just see the passion in his face for what he's doing.
After this we went to the hotel to rest. We took a lot of breaks during the days we were there (even if it wasn't at the hotel) and it helped limit everyone's meltdowns. :) Ashlyn was spent by the end of the third day, but she did really well the rest of the time.
Anyway, during our break at the hotel, Aaron decided to call the reservation line and see if there were any openings at a restaurant at Hollywood Studios since we were going to go back to watch Fantasmic! (Fantasmic! has an exclamation mark at the end so I'm not just exclaiming everything right now. haha) There happened to be a package where we could eat at Hollywood & Vine (an American buffet) and get special passes to get seats at Fantasmic! Fantasmic! fills up quickly (even during the slow season, which was when we went) so we figured this was meant to be.
No picture we have does it justice so that is just of Mickey near the end of the show. This show is wonderful. I liked Disneyland's version better, but they could have changed it in the past 8 years or so so maybe they're similar now. The only thing one of the Cast Members said she heard was different was Disneyland has a Peter Pan segment where Disney World has Pocahontas.
After dinner and the show, it was definitely time to go back to the hotel. The next day was Magic Kingdom and Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party so we had to rest up!
No comments:
Post a Comment