Sunday, June 24, 2012

This Week In Mumpower News...

Hello again!  Let's see what happened this week...

I forgot to mention last time that we are starting to train Prim.  She caught on to "sit" very early on and on Saturday she started learning to shake hands.and is now getting good at "stay."  She's very hyperactive so she won't always listen, but she'll do it every time when she's a little calmer.  She may be crazy, but she's very smart.

Monday we just ran some errands before Aaron had to go to work.  These three were pretty tired afterward (Ashlyn isn't really napping, but still wanted in on the "action").


On Tuesday, Ashlyn's classes started back up!  She continued ballet this night.  She wasn't too happy about going in because it was a new teacher, but I sat in the corner of the class instead of outside looking through the window and she did fine.  There was one other little girl in the class and they became instant friends.  The other little girl kind of started running around and playing and then Ashlyn would join in, but hopefully next week they'll be a little more settled down since it won't be so new.  But her teacher seems nice and the lady that sat in on the last two classes of last session was bragging on Ashlyn saying how she knew a lot of ballet vocabulary and how to do them. When she focuses, she does really well!

Wednesday was an exciting day.  We were going to have a playdate at a new park, but one of them was sick so they had to cancel.  We went to this park anyway, which is right by the water.  Ashlyn loved the playground and we got word that there were manatees playing right next to the pier so we were able to watch them play for a little while.


You're also allowed to take dogs there, so we'll be walking Prim there sometimes.  It was really nice.  After the park, we went to eat at Pizza Hut for their lunch buffet (which 3 year olds eat for free and since Ashlyn is eating her weight in food each meal, it was perfect).  Afterward, and after getting Prim some more food at a local pet food supplier (not PetCo, but a place that sells more natural pet food), we hurried home because there was a contest going on on Twitter and they were giving away Merida (from Brave) dolls and you KNOW I had to try and win one for Ashlyn.  They were giving only 3 away so I knew it was a long shot that I'd win, but I had to try anyway.  Well, I was the first winner!!!  I showed Ashlyn the doll and told her I won it and it would be mailed to us and she was extremely excited!  Here's the doll she's getting.

On top of all that, Ashlyn started another class today called Make it & Wear It.  There was only one other girl there, too.  The teacher said that sometimes that's how it is the first week.  So we'll see if the classes are bigger next week.  Anyway, they made bracelets out of beads and pipe cleaners.  Ashlyn had a lot of fun (she's done it before but loves it) and I think this class will be great.

Thursday we went to the store for a few things.  Ashlyn needed something for her pre-tumble class that starts up again tomorrow and Aaron and I needed a few things as well.  I found a great cleaner online (just dish soap and warm vinegar mixed together... 1 to 1 ratio for those who are interested) that's supposed to be great for cleaning bathtubs.  I got a spray bottle and mixed some up and it worked really well!  Yes, that is exciting for me.  :)  The bathtub just never gets clean enough for me, no matter what cleaners I use and scrubbing it with a Magic Eraser just takes too long.  So the fact that this worked so well, with very little scrubbing on just the tough parts, was just awesome.

Friday started off with a bang.  The only things planned were Aaron's English mid term (and work afterward) and Ashlyn's pre-tumble class.  Well, I woke up early with Prim and lo and behold, she had worms.  So we called the vet (a new one for us that is much closer than the one we've been taking her to) and were able to get in just an hour after we called.  She has some medicine and everything else is fine, so no big deal.  Then the Mustang's battery died.  Thankfully we were already home.  Aaron was trying to get to his English mid-term, but thankfully he was able to reschedule it for 2 hours later and was able to get a new battery.  Anyway, eventually Ashlyn and I went to tumble.  She did really, really well!  She listened to her teachers and tried everything.  There were 4 or 5 other kids in the class.  It was obvious that way more signed up because there were three teachers there instead of the regular two.

Saturday was the long-awaited day where we went to go see Brave.  I really wanted to make a big deal out of it since Ashlyn was so looking forward to it, so we kinda had a movie day instead of just a movie night.  Here's the link to my Disney blog post about it if you're interested in seeing all our decorations and whatnot.  For a short run through, though, we started off with bear claws for breakfast. Ashlyn made a coat of arms and we put some more stickers in her sticker book.  We went to the theater right after Aaron got home.  Then we had shephard's pie and kale chips for dinner and Teddy Grahams soft paws for dessert.  After dinner we had a little archery contest.



Nothing planned for today.  Aaron will work all night and it looks like it will rain so Ashlyn and I will probably just do a craft or two.  I hope you've had a great week!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a fun and busy week! Ashlyn holds that bow and arrow so good, she looks like a pro!

    ReplyDelete