Sunday, July 1, 2012

Weekly Update

Guess who?  :)  We had a relaxing start to our week.  It rained a lot Sunday night and sprinkled on and off all through Monday so we stuck to indoor activities.  We went to the library and then went to get some frozen yogurt and Starbucks.  Aaron had to work that night so Ashlyn and I broke out a fun craft to do while we stayed dry.

Tuesday we always try to do something out of the house as a family since it's Aaron's full day off with us (Wednesday is when everyone gets together for WarMachine and Saturday mornings Aaron has class).  This week we went out to eat at Moe's (really yummy) and then went to the mall for a little bit just to walk around.

Wednesday Ashlyn had her Create It & Wear It class.  They made little mustaches on sticks to play with.


Ashlyn has been getting more and more creative when she plays.  She's been dressing up a lot and today she put on her chef's hat and apron, pulled up some "chairs" to the couch, and fed a couple of her stuffed animals.


Thursdays during the summer, the movie theater by our house has a special children's movie in the morning and for $2 you get a ticket, popcorn, and a drink.  This week was our first time going this summer and it was Kung Fu Panda.  We were able to meet with Ashlyn's friend, Kristianna, there, too.  There are a couple more we'll be going to, also.  We also went to lunch afterward.

Friday was super busy.  There was grocery shopping, as usual.  We gave Ashlyn the Merida doll I had won.  She loves it!!  She gave her a pretend bath and introduced her to Belle (for Christmas she had gotten a Belle doll from the same company so they match).  Both dolls now sleep in the doll bed next to Ashlyn's bed.  We also did some preparing for Saturday (I actually completely lost track of time and didn't take Ashlyn to gymnastics... oops!  Oh well, she'll go next week) because a few guys were coming over for a kind of birthday party for Aaron.  It's about 3 weeks until Aaron's actual birthday, but one of his WarMachine friends is moving away soon so we had it before that.

Anyway, so of course Saturday was busy and fun. The plan was just to have a few guys over (ended up being 3) to play WarMachine and hang out.   So in the morning I started making chicken pot pie and cupcakes.  Company started coming over around 3 and everyone seemed to have fun. 

And now we're at another Sunday.  :)  Nothing much goes on on Sundays around here.  We'll be busy this week with all our normal stuff and getting things ready for Aaron's parents to visit over the weekend.  Have a great week!

1 comment:

  1. *Warning I'm feeling very chatty! :)

    I wish it would rain here! There are quite a few fires, one of them we could even see from our house! Yesterday we saw a baby deer down the road from our apartments. (My sister later told me that her friend that lives near us posted a picture on facebook of like 8 deer that were hanging out in our neighborhood) It makes me sad to think of all the animals that are losing their homes in the fires. :( And both kids have runny noses (Dawson's voice is really raspy) and I'm betting it's because the air quality isn't very good right now. :( Sorry, I got way off topic of your blog! I should have emailed you! *lol*

    That is such a good deal at the movie! I wonder if they have something like that around here, I'm going to check into it!

    We don't do much on Sundays, either, it's nice! Lately I've been taking a nap with the kids after we get home from church. That's our Sunday to-do list. Church and naps. haha

    ReplyDelete