Well hi there! Let's see... This week we didn't go out and do too much. It was the last week of classes for Aaron so he was busy doing all the final stuff and I tried to help where I could. Monday we didn't do anything exciting. Aaron took Prim to a vet appointment to get blood work done before getting spayed on Wednesday, but Ashlyn and I didn't go. It was really quick.
Tuesday Ashlyn had dance class. She did pretty well and I put her hair in a real bun for the first time (we had gotten a thing from the dance studio where we got her new ballet shoes that helps with it).
Wednesday was Prim's surgery. We dropped her off a little after 8am and were able to pick her up at 3pm. She was so out of it when she came home. It was to be expected, but it was just the complete opposite of her normal, crazy self so it was kinda sad. But as I write this part of the blog, it is almost 11pm on Wednesday night and she is walking better, going potty fine, and actually ate a bite or two of food (which we were told to be prepared for her not to want to eat until sometime tomorrow). So we're happy that she already seems to be doing just fine.
Thursday came around and Prim was completely back to normal. We have to keep her activity level at a minimum for about 10 days, but she already has all her energy back so it is really hard to keep her from running around. I think after these 10 days we'll take her to the cool dog park that's around here for the first time and just let her get all her pent up energy out. Ashlyn and I went to one of the two grocery stores we go to each week today instead of both tomorrow because tomorrow is.... Aaron's birthday!!! I wanted to make sure I got a couple of things to make special for his birthday.
Friday morning Ashlyn helped me make pigs in a blanket (Aaron's favorite breakfast). After breakfast she helped me make his birthday brownies. We were sad he had to go to work on his birthday, but we hope he had a good birthday morning and afternoon! Friday evening was Ashlyn's gymnastics class. She did really good. She's a master at headstands and was doing a lot of somersaults. She seemed more into it than the other kids today. She even did somersaults without using her hands (like in between a flip and a somersault)! That made me a bit nervous (I didn't want her to hurt her neck) but I think she saw one of the bigger girls do it and wanted to try it. She definitely can do it and even though I was nervous, I was impressed.
Saturday Ashlyn got a new dance outfit. When we went to go buy her new ballet shoes, we found this super cute leotard/tutu. The person working there said that they were going to be having a sale during their open house, which was today. So here it is.
Isn't she gorgeous? Saturday also ended Aaron's classes and he now has an associates degree. YAY AARON!!!
And now we're back around to Sunday. Aaron got off work a little earlier than expected today and made us a wonderful homemade pizza (his pizzas are one of my favorite meals). It was a nice to have this as a relaxing day because next week will be back to being pretty busy!
And until next time, here's a picture of Prim and Ali. "Dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria!"
How We Found Out Our Son Had Cancer...Again
7 years ago
I love Ashlyn's hair in bun, too cute! And she looks very pretty in her new tutu.
ReplyDeleteHappy late birthday, Aaron!