Did you miss us? Here's what we did this past week.
Monday we went out to lunch and then to the library to pick up some new books but, most importantly, drop off all the books used for Aaron's research paper for his English class. It felt good to turn them in and be completely done with it! Then it was back home to relax before Aaron had to go to work.
Tuesday we went to the mall. Ashlyn got some new sticker earrings and rode the train that goes around the mall. I got some earrings I need for my Halloween costume and Aaron got some new shirts. We also went into Hallmark and they already have the Christmas ornaments out! And a small selection of Halloween stuff. But I was surprised they had the ornaments out. Anyway, it got me thinking about Ashlyn's ornament this year and I already figured that we would need to get her a ballerina one. We were going to get her one for last year, but found something else we really liked. Anyway, I saw a pretty one called Snowflake Ballerina and when you pull the string it spins and plays The Nutcracker Suite. I made a mental note to come back for it closer to Christmas, but then Ashlyn found it and kept pulling it and then dancing to the music. So... it came home with us. She doesn't know this, of course, because it will be under the tree for when we decorate, but it was just too perfect. I also got one because they had a talking Pepe le Pew one!!! I LOVE Pepe le Pew! I have ever since I was little. I would have only been more excited about a Doctor Who ornament, but that's neither here nor there. Okay, back to things you might care about... Ashlyn had dance class. We took these by our apartment's front office right after class.
While we were at class, one of the other teachers was there (he's more of a serious dance teacher than the others) and said that we should bring Ashlyn into his class on Wednesday to check it out. We thought it was a great idea since we wanted to put her in two dance classes a week next session. She did really well and enjoyed it so I think two a week, along with keeping her gymnastics class, will be good for her. The schedule hasn't been released yet, so we'll see if there are any other classes that she might like. (*note: we since have seen the schedule and there is at least one more class she will be in... but we will let you know everything we sign her up for next week!)
Thursday Aaron took us out to eat at Panera Bread, one of my favorites. Then we headed over to Target to grab one or two things. We got Ashlyn a real clock and a learning clock. She loves asking what time it is so we figured it was time to kind of show her the basics. We still need to find a perfect spot for them both to go in her room. She's already been moving the learning clock's hands (it's made of foam) and then asking what time it is.
Friday Ashlyn went to gymnastics. She did very well! Even one of her teachers, who had not been in class recently, mentioned how impressed she was with how well Ashlyn was listening and how much she had improved. She improved just from last week! She's been really wanting to be a "big girl" lately so if you tell her how to act like a big girl, like listen to her teachers and try her best, she will be more likely to do it. Anyway, I was very proud of her for trying so hard. After gymnastics and dinner and whatnot, we sat down and watched the Olympics Opening Ceremonies. Ashlyn was able to watch the first hour before bed. She really liked it and she's looking forward to watching, what else, gymnastics. I'll have other events on, too, but I'm making sure to tape the gymnastics for her. Anyway, I had a cute little sign printed up with the Olympic rings and "Let the Games Begin" on it. I also made Ashlyn a cardstock/ribbon gold medal and a gold medal snack made up of a golden Oreo and fruit by the foot (for the ribbon). She loved it and I can't wait to watch the games with her.
Saturday Aaron had a WarMachine tournament. Ashlyn and I went to the dollar store to pick up a few things including some special ice cream treats! We played some games, danced to our new Wii game (Just Dance 3), and just generally had a fun day. I also got an order for a couple of bows so I started on those as well as other projects for next Saturday's craft fair.
On Sundays Aaron has to work the mid shift (11-4). I was going to take Ashlyn to go see Brave again while he worked, but we decided to wait and all go after he got home. In the meantime, Ashlyn and I have been dancing and fishing (she got a little fishing toy with a small pole and 3 sea creatures at the Dollar Store). Next week will pretty much be the start of the busy season in this house. August will be bringing the craft fair, a short Disney trip, planning Ashlyn's birthday party, and starting a kind of mini preschool at home. September, of course, will bring Ashlyn's birthday as well as her annual Disney birthday trip. Then, as with everyone, Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas time will follow quickly. It's my favorite time of year, so I'm excited! Have a great week!
How We Found Out Our Son Had Cancer...Again
7 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment