Sunday, July 8, 2012

We're Back!

I hope you all had a wonderful week! Ours was busy but definitely fun!  I will warn you now that there are a lot of pictures in this post!  Monday we went to the library.  We went to one in Orange Park instead of the one pretty much right next door to us because they had a book Aaron needed for his English paper.  I also found out that I won another contest.  I am sure I've mentioned before that I win things in spurts.  I won the Merida doll and, not sure I talked about it on the blog, but I won $50 towards party printables (like invitations, thank you cards, banners, etc) last week.  This morning I found out I won a $25 gift certificate to Costume Discounters!  We will probably not get Ashlyn's Halloween costume with it, but we can get something cute for right around that amount for her to play dress up in.

Tuesday we weren't up to much.  Ashlyn was in a bad mood (she was itchy and uncomfortable because she had gotten some really bad mosquito bites) so we mainly just stayed home.  Wednesday was the 4th of July, of course!  During the day we had to run and pick up a couple of things (I had forgotten to prepare the pasta salad early so we didn't have a side for our hamburgers... oops!  Oh well, we needed one or two other things anyway).  I had the dining room decorated.


And Aaron made delicious hamburgers and coleslaw.  I made little chocolates and firework cupcakes.


The firework cupcakes were just regular cupcakes with Pop Rocks sprinkled on top so it popped a little when you took a bite.  It ended up raining that night and a lot of places did their fireworks over the weekend anyway so we didn't go outside to watch any.  The ones over the weekend were so close to our house, though, we were able to just step right outside our building and watch them.  We did, however, light some sparklers!


Ashlyn thought holding the sparkler was the coolest thing ever.  :)  At first I gave Ashlyn the sparkler with a cup guard but we quickly realized she really didn't need it.  She was very careful.  But I love this picture because it's the first sparkler she had and you can see how much she was having fun.


Thursday was just a day at home, getting school work and house work done before Aaron's parents came over the next day!  They stayed from Friday afternoon through Sunday morning.  Saturday we went over to the park in Green Cove Springs (just a short drive) to walk the pier and look around.  We got some wonderful pictures. 


These three are my favorite and will be framed and put over our couch.  First and third frames will have us as a couple and then just Ashlyn while the middle one will be the three of us.
 

Next week should be a little calmer for us.  Nothing big planned that I can think of.  But we'll be back again on Sunday with some more news!

No comments:

Post a Comment