We had quite the week this week! Ashlyn told me that school's a little easy for her (which I've suspected
for awhile), so we've been studying new things after she gets off since
I'm off early now. Last week was dirt and erosion (with a slight veer
into real life queens and princesses since we were headed to Disney one
day). Anyway, here we go!!
January 19th
It was late, I forgot to take a picture, so here's Ali. :) I can see that I'm getting better at remembering to take pictures, though, even if sometimes it's too late. So in a couple of months, I'm hoping it will be second nature to me. That's what I've been hoping this whole 365 day photo challenge was going to do anyway! I love taking pictures, but I just never seem to think about breaking out the camera or my phone.
January 20th
The last piece of birthday cheesecake! :(
January 21st
I forgot to take a picture of ours (BAD Christina!) but Ashlyn had wanted to learn about dirt, so one of the things I found to do was put cookies in a jar. I told Ashlyn to pretend the cookies were rocks and when the Earth moves (we shook the jar), it breaks it up. We would shake the jar and see the cookies break up more each time. She thought it was really cool.
January 22nd
Another thing I did was get Ashlyn a magnifying glass so she could explore the dirt and what was in it. She had so much fun looking at the dirt and pretty much anything that didn't run away.
January 23rd
It has felt like forever since I've been able to pick Ashlyn up from school! I always get super excited the closer I get to the pick up area. I miss her terribly while I'm at work so I'm very thankful everything worked out and I get to get off work in the afternoon sooner than I thought it would happen!
January 24th
Gas under $2? Who took the TARDIS back to the 90's?
January 25th
So much happened on Sunday! We left early in the morning to go see my dad and spend the day at Magic Kingdom with him. It was a lot of fun!
Then we got home in time to go to Ashlyn's Girl Scout patch ceremony. She got quite a few patches, including one for knowing the Girl Scout promise and one for knowing the Girl Scout law. Her troop leader said that she hasn't known a Daisy (especially a first year) who has memorized the law. Usually 2nd or 3rd graders get that patch! As always, we are super proud of her.
She is still painfully shy to get up in front of everyone, but I do see some slight changes in that. I think Girl Scouts will be great for her confidence!
This week Ashlyn said she wants to learn about stars. Orion is directly above our house right now, so I can't wait to take her outside to show her. I keep telling Aaron that Orion is protecting our house during the winter season. :) On that silly note, have a wonderful week!
How We Found Out Our Son Had Cancer...Again
7 years ago











No comments:
Post a Comment