May 4th
My day at work was rough. There were a lot of new kids, my new co-teacher (she's been working at the school for a couple of years, but just now working with me) started, and that makes for a lot of overwhelmed kiddos which leads to overwhelmed teachers. :) The whole week ended up being just a period of adjustment, but then it calmed down and things are running smoothly again. Anyway, I was really looking forward to our evening because we had a water balloon fight planned!
It was also Star Wars Day (MAY the 4th be with you!), so we decided to grill hamburgers (technically, HANburgers) and eat outside in the secret garden. It was really nice.
So our meal was HANburgers, BOBA FETTucini, and Wookie Cookies. :) We also watched Episode 4. We had tried to watch it with Ashlyn last year, but she just didn't quite have the attention span for a non-animated movie that wasn't funny the whole way through. This year, though, she loved it! She now says it is her 2nd favorite show/movie after Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. We went on to watch Episode 5 later in the week and will watch Episode 6 soon.
May 5th
Cinco de Mayo! We just made some Mexican food, nothing crazy. It was beautiful out and the squirrels were frolicking outside. Prim was not very happy about that!
May 6th
Ashlyn had been so good at school lately that we wanted to take her out and reward her. So we went out to eat at Hurricane's since they have some games she likes to play.
This very cool car was outside the restaurant that night and I had to sneak a picture.
May 7th
Georgia had sent a box of clothes a friend gave her for Ashlyn and Ashlyn couldn't wait to wear them! She picked out one of the skirts to wear to school the very next day.
May 8th
Ashlyn's class had a Mother's Day party this afternoon. I was very glad I was able to go.
The kids sang a couple of songs and recited a poem. They made a few cute things that I got to look at while we nibbled on little treats. We also ordered a Publix cake when the forms came out awhile ago so she could decorate a Mother's Day cake. I think she did a great job!
May 9th
This is probably Ashlyn's favorite thing that Aaron has made.
May 10th
For Mother's Day, we went on a day trip to Savannah, Georgia. I had no idea it was only 2 1/2 hours away! It was wonderful and I will do a separate post about our trip. :)
We hope you've had a wonderful week and that all you moms had a wonderful Mother's Day!
How We Found Out Our Son Had Cancer...Again
7 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment