Okay, so I know everyone says this, but May seriously sneaked up on me! I am calling this past week the calm before the storm, because there is a LOT happening next week at work and at home, which will quickly lead to June and the beginning of Ashlyn's summer vacation. So, let's look back on a relatively calm week, shall we?
April 27th
Usually Aaron makes the pizzas around here, but I took a crack at it this time. We didn't have as much mozzarella as usual, so I shaved a bit of our new favorite find on top... Dutch goat's milk gouda. I was pretty proud of how my first attempt turned out!
April 28th
Ashlyn wanted to help Aaron fold laundry, so she grabbed the smaller towels and had at it. I took a picture to show her when she's a teenager that she actually has the ability to fold laundry. ;)
April 29th
I ran into the Dollar Store after work to grab a few things for class the next day and a friend of mine (Ashlyn's best friend's mom) happened to be there, too. She invited us to the frozen yogurt shop, Sweet Frogs, after the girls got off school.
April 30th
Thursday was a bit crazy. The only picture I took was of the old list of "Class Rules" that is up in my room. Oops. Sorry about that. The teacher that used to be in this room wrote these up, but I am going to make a new one that will match my new theme (woodland critters) more.
May 1st
I'm not sure what type of flowers these are, but they are hardy! The previous owners of the house left them in a pot and we just never did anything with them. They were pretty so we kept them, but honestly never thought of them. So they survived a few frosts over the winter and lack of watering when we were busy concentrating on other parts of the back yard. I'm so glad that they survived and they are part of our regular lawn care now. We saw the same ones at the plant nursery another day, so next time we go I'll look up the type.
May 2nd
First thing this morning, Ashlyn had a fun craft event through Girl Scouts. She had so much fun and they made a lot of stuff! I actually didn't stay, which was hard because I only leave her at school, but she was with a couple of girls from her troop, including her best friend, so she wasn't nervous or anything.
Aaron had to work, but we crammed so much in the few hours we had between him waking up and having to leave. Shortly after I got home with Ashlyn after her Girl Scout thing, we headed back out and to the mall for Free Comic Book Day! Participating stores give out pre-picked comic books one day a year and just kind of celebrate comics and hope to introduce new people to them. We each picked a couple.
We had lunch at the food court, and Ashlyn finally decided to try the Bungee Jump thing that's right in the middle of all the food booths. She was nervous, but strapped in and the guy was wonderful! He joked with her the whole time and would grab her leg to bounce her off the thing. He gradually made her go higher and higher so she would get comfortable and not be scared. Now she wants to do it again and bounce herself without any help.
Also, while we were at the bookstore for the comics, I picked up a fashion design book for Ashlyn. She loves fashion right now, so I thought it would be perfect. Each top and bottom half of the page are separate, so you can mix and match the clothes you design. She couldn't wait to start on it as soon as we got home! And honestly, some of the things she's come up with already, I would wear in a second!
May 3rd
Ashlyn and I did a bit of shopping this morning. Mainly for my classroom, but she got a few little things, like a small balloon from WalMart and a large flower pinwheel for the backyard from the Dollar Tree. And, of course, you can't walk past a plastic dinosaur disguise without trying it on.
She also got a little ribbon twirl wand from the Dollar Store and has been playing with it in the back yard. We're having a water day/cookout for Star Wars Day (May the 4th be with you!) tomorrow and she said she's going to put on a show with her ribbon wand before we throw water balloons. :)
Now, like I said, next week will be hectic. I have a lot of new kids starting in my class, Mother's Day gifts need to be made for all of their moms, I get to go to a Mother's Day tea party at Ashlyn's class on Friday, and I'm determined to make the most of the beautiful weekend since Aaron is off as well. Maybe brave the Mother's Day crowds and go to the beach for the first time this year? I don't know... I am also going to start looking into a few things Ashlyn can do this summer. And I still haven't taken down all of the Easter decorations! I'm usually much better about that! Oh well, better get cracking!
How We Found Out Our Son Had Cancer...Again
7 years ago









Dawson loves Sweet Frog! We had it while we were in Virginia. We have something similar here called Yogurtland but he prefers Sweet Frog and still randomly talks about it!
ReplyDelete