Today was a base-wide "Take Your Child To Work Day" and of course I had to take Ashlyn! I had this shirt I wanted to make for Ashlyn to wear on Father's Day, but after asking my dad and a friend what they thought, I decided to go ahead and make it for today.

It is Mickey dressed as a sailor and it says "Proud of my Daddy." Aaron didn't know about it until Ashlyn and I got to the event.

At security they had a few "stations" set up. They had a place for demonstrations on how security uses batons on "the bad guys." Kids were able to take soft baton-like things and beat against a guy in one of those big red suits you see during demonstrations like these. They were also able to beat on cushions that some of the security people held. Ashlyn decided to give it a try while Aaron held the cushion.

And here is a little video of it.
They also had a very sweet police dog out for the kids to pet. Ashlyn is a little scared of dogs. She loves them, loves to look at them, but she's so used to a small cat running around that she is intimidated by the size. A good friend of ours has a big dog, though, and she's getting more used to them.

They also had a fire truck, Coast Guard boats, and the security boat shed set up for everyone to look at. There were a couple of other things and they were going to have a cook out later on (which Aaron will be cooking all the food, of course!) but we decided to go early when it wasn't too hot out. I'm hoping they do this again next year. As Ashlyn gets older she will just enjoy it more and more and we can stay longer, too.
I also have a couple of random pictures and videos from the week, but I wanted to tell you all about our morning. I will be back tomorrow for the random pictures and we have a busy weekend ahead of us so there will be plenty to share later, too!!!
Ashlyn is adorable!!! The shirt turned out SO cute! Did Aaron just love it?! I'm glad you guys had fun!
ReplyDelete