Saturday, April 24, 2010

Ashlyn In Wonderland

Today was a wonderful day for us! This morning we went to a fair type thing to celebrate the Month of the Military Child. There was a craft fair, games, and food. We got Ashlyn an absolutely adorable headband. We are going to have her wear it tomorrow to a birthday party so we'll be sure to take pictures. We also let Ashlyn play a game of tic-tac-toe where you're supposed to stand back and throw wiffle balls and try to make them land 3 in a row. Well, of course the guy let her cheat and I held her right up next to the boxes so she could just throw them in wherever. She had so much fun! She got a ribbon thing as a prize. I don't know what it's called, but it's in this video of her. She loved it!



I love the video because with her hat on and drink in hand she really looked like she was just having fun at a fair!!! I mean, I know that's what she was doing, but you know what I mean. :)

Tonight was also our movie night. We watched Alice in Wonderland. We don't have it yet but we rented it from the library. Here was our table for the night.

I used Ashlyn's tea set to set up a little mini mad tea party. One tea cup was upside down leaning on another one, the smaller tea pot was on its side, and there were mini pinwheels in the flower vase. And of course we had to have a mouse in the bigger tea pot! I also used some placemats from each set we have so they would be mismatched. For dinner we had chicken caesar salad bites and some garlic & olive oil vermicelli. For dessert we had caramel apple oatmeal cookies (and of course some said "Eat Me" and "Take One") and even our drinks had "Drink Me" tags on them.

I also made some signs like in the movie that we put on the walls. Ashlyn also colored a beautiful picture that we put up with the signs. (I made 4 signs, but the other two were on a different wall.)

It was a lot of fun. It was great to see the movie again because it has been awhile for Aaron and me. Ashlyn, of course, had never seen it and she LOVED it! She watched nearly the whole movie! She got really upset when it was over... hopefully she's not already at the age where she'll want to watch the same thing over and over and over again. :) I'm not sure at all what movie we will watch next. We still have time to decide, though, since the next one will be in 2 weeks. I already have some special movie nights planned for the two Saturdays before our next Disney trip in September. Well, I have the movies planned, not the details yet. I'm really enjoying planning these out and always look forward to our next one. I hope Aaron and Ashlyn feel the same way!! :)

1 comment:

  1. The fair sounds really fun and I could tell that Ashlyn was having a good time.

    I love the way your table is set up. So cute! I really, really need to watch Alice in Wonderland soon. I have been wanting to watch it since we were at Disneyland! I'm going to have to get it out of Dawson's room and set it next to the TV so I remember to watch it soon. We have been watching lots of Disney movies lately. In the past 2 weeks or so we've watched Brother Bear, Brother Bear 2, Beauty and the Beast and The Lion King. Dawson only watched about 20 minutes or so of each one before he ran off to play. *lol* I think we're going to watch Toy Story next because Dawson got a new Toy Story sippy and kite and he LOVES Buzz, I'm excited to see what he does when he sees him on TV. :)

    Anyway, I love reading about your movie nights. I really want to start having movie nights with my family, too.

    ReplyDelete