Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Officially Not A Baby Anymore

So, I know Ashlyn wasn't really considered a baby since she was able to walk (isn't that when they officially become toddlers? When they start toddling around?), but something happened this weekend that really just put it over the edge for me. Aaron turned Ashlyn's crib into a toddler bed Friday after her nap. She has a big girl bed now! Aaron did it pretty spontaneously. I was telling him how a friend and I were talking about bedding and when we may switch our kids to toddler beds and he said "well, let's do it!" I guess it let me not second guess the decision. It was over before I knew it and my baby officially took a step further into "big girl" territory. She loves it, though! Right away she jumped right in her bed. She's done really well, too. She hasn't gotten up at night at all. The first couple of days, naptime was really bad. She didn't want to go to sleep at all. But Monday and today, she didn't get up at all.


She had to pose for the picture. :) And when I told her to be cute (not that she isn't all the time), she did this.


She's such a love bug! We are getting her bedding soon, too.


Santa was going to bring her a play kitchen for Christmas, but it was fully assembled already and he didn't have room to store it, so Ashlyn got it early. So the bedding is going to be Santa's gift (don't tell Ashlyn!). We know she is just going to love it! She is getting a few other things, but I'll post all that after Christmas. :)

Let's see... I want to take this chance to catch you all up on what Ashlyn's been up to, too. Ashlyn is learning more and more every day. She recognizes all her letters and can count to 10. She tries to count past 10, but everything is "teen teen" instead of thirteen, fourteen, etc. She knows a few shapes and colors. She still loves to color and paint. She's saying more words every day, but she's just a late talker. She likes to absorb everything and then just surprise us with what she knows, so I have a feeling she's just going to start talking away one day.

She is definitely a girly girl. She doesn't really like to get dirty and will pick a dress over jeans any day. As you can see in the toddler bed pictures, she is wearing a puffy pink dress. I was getting out some jeans and a shirt for her to wear this morning and she spotted her brand new Christmas dress. She didn't want anything to do with the pants! So I let her wear the pink dress since she won't be wearing the Christmas one until we take pictures for our Christmas cards. The pink one will probably end up being her Easter dress next year if it still fits. She's adorable in it!

She is still loving dance class!


It has just become an official class so we signed her up and there will be a recital in December! We'll see how that goes... she might be too shy to get on stage, but I'm hoping she'll try it out. She dances all the time at home, too. She really enjoys watching Angelina Ballerina on PBS Kids and will dance along with them.

Ashlyn loves her play kitchen! Let me find a picture of her...


I have a really cute story from last night! Aaron and I were in the kitchen finishing up dinner, and Ashlyn brought her pan in to us to help us cook! It was so sweet. I even asked her to bring in her play corn for us to cook and she brought it to us in her pan. :) I'm really looking forward to cooking and baking with her soon. She loves it when I let her put pasta in the water to cook. She helps push the button on the salad dryer. I'm going to be making mini pumpkin pie bites soon and I think I'm going to let her help stir. She just has so much fun with that stuff. Dresses... dancing... cooking... yep, my little girly girl! :)

1 comment:

  1. Ashlyn is simply adorable. It's such a joy reading your blogs about her growing and maturing.
    Love,
    Aunt Barb

    ReplyDelete