Sunday, April 10, 2011

Animal Adventures! {Part Two}

I'm back with some more pictures!

We went into the reptile house and saw some really cool animals. Ashlyn called these guys "baby iguanas" since they are so much smaller than the ones we see in GTMO.


I also got a pretty cool shot of this little guy.


Oh no! Not the HIPPO!!!


There was a petting zoo there, too, with sheep and goats. Ashlyn was a little scared to actually touch the first animal she saw (a goat). We had purchased a disposable camera for her to take her own pictures (with our help so she could figure out how to do it and got more than just ground shots haha) so we asked her if she wanted to take a picture of the goat (she had already taken many pictures before this) and she did.


After she took her picture, she felt comfortable enough to pet him.


** Confession: This is not that first goat. But I wanted to include a picture of Ashlyn taking a picture. :) **

I love this picture. They're both smiling for the camera. :)


Aaron caught these next really cool pictures. This is a tortoise and a small antelope (I can't remember his real name). They seemed to be really good friends. Here it looks like the tortoise is telling the antelope a secret.


And I'm not sure if you can see it (maybe click on it to make it bigger) but the antelope is licking the tortoise. Too cute!


And Ashlyn loved sitting next to this elephant statue. She was pretty darn cute, too. :)


I hope you enjoyed the pictures of our trip to the zoo! Ashlyn's only been to the "zoo" once (Disney's Animal Kingdom... much different than a zoo!) and that was a year ago so she was old enough now to REALLY enjoy it. :) I hope we get to take her again soon.

2 comments:

  1. Love all the photos. Can tell that you all are having fun.
    Love, Aunt Barb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pictures turn out awesome!!! Seeing them makes me want a bigger lens even more! Too bad wanting it really bad doesn't make it more affordable. *lol* Do you guys do manual settings?

    Ashlyn looks so cute in all of the pictures, the one where she is sitting by the elephant statue is my fav. So cute!!!

    ReplyDelete