Sunday, August 5, 2012

Helloooooo, August!

I can't believe it's August!  Here's what we did for the end of July/beginning of August.

When we last left you, Ashlyn and I were waiting for Aaron to come home so we could go watch Brave again.  Well, he got off a little later than expected and it was raining really hard so we put it off until Monday morning.  After lunch we headed over, grabbed some popcorn and a drink, and watched it.  Ashlyn wasn't nearly as scared during the scary parts as the first time.  She knew what to expect.  We all still loved it, of course.  Hopefully it will be coming to Blu Ray by Christmas... Santa would love to put that in Ashlyn's stocking.

On Tuesday we checked out a animal boarding place that we will probably be putting Prim in when we go on an overnight trip to Orlando next week.  It seemed really nice.  We also drove by a dog park with a lake of sorts and a fenced in place to run around.  It is closed from noon to 2, and that's when we drove by, so we weren't able to get a tour or anything, but we look forward to taking Prim there sometime soon.  After all this we went over to Toys R Us to put together a birthday wish list for Ashlyn (which will later be updated for Christmas).  If you go to the Toys R Us website, you can find it under any of our names after you click on "wish list" by the top (we are not asking for anything, this was just requested and we thought it would be fun to see what Ashlyn was most excited about, too).  We also got Ashlyn a little gift while we were there.  A couple of weeks ago she saw a little girl in front of us waiting to check in at O2B Kids with a Bot stuffed toy (a character on the show Team Umizoomi).  She had been asking for it ever since.  We were able to find it there and she's been loving it!

Ashlyn has been enjoying making up songs lately and she sang a really long one all about things she loves on our way back home from Toys R Us.  It went on for awhile even before we started taking video, and we missed the part where she said "I love Mommy and Daddy" and then a cute part at the end that had something to do with Bot, but it was the cutest thing ever and sometimes it was just too funny.   *note: Sorry, I couldn't get Aaron's phone to send the videos to my email so I could upload them here, but I will keep trying.  If I get it to work, I will post it next week.*

Wednesday morning we took Prim to a dog park called Poochies.  She was able to play for an hour and a half or so with a bunch of other dogs, run around, and splash in a little lake type thing.  She had so much fun!

Thursday, Ashlyn and I just played and I finished up one or two crafts.  That's pretty much what Friday consisted of, too.  Aaron was super sweet, as always, and took us girls to Joann's to pick up a few things.  Throughout the day, I finished up a few more bows and made sure everything was all set to put in the car first thing in the morning.  The craft fair on Saturday morning went really well.  Better than expected, actually, so I was happy.  We were all pretty tired after the event, so we mainly relaxed.  And now here we are to Sunday again! We have a very busy week next week so we will have plenty of pictures for you next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment