Our week did not start out very jolly. Sunday afternoon our newish car (we got a 2003 Honda Civic since our Chrysler just bit the dust) would not start. I was with Ashlyn at the grocery store and when we were about to leave, the key would not turn and the steering wheel was locked. So Monday morning we got it all sorted out (thank goodness for nice tow guys, that's all I have to say). Anyway, Hugo had left us some magic elf seeds and a note that said we were to plant some in a bowl of sugar overnight, so that made things better.
The next morning we awoke to see what the magic seeds grew into... yummy sugar cookies!
Ashlyn thought that was just too cool. Monday our advent activity was to "elf" ourselves.
Tuesday we read a Christmas joke. Where do snowmen go to dance? Snowballs! Wednesday we watched the Garfield Christmas special with Aaron and Hugo was driving our little sleigh.
Thursday we went to Walt Disney World! All three of us needed a bit of a pick-me-up and that trip was so full of pixie dust, it was overwhelming. Honestly, it was just an incredible trip. It made it to where we had a LOT to do on Friday because of Aaron's finals and my craft fair, but it was definitely worth it. Hugo let Ashlyn know where we were going because he was found reading a Disney guidebook that morning (technically he was still reading it Friday morning, too... we were super tired by the time we got home)!
Friday we were really busy, but our activity was to paint a new Christmas design on Ashlyn's toenails! She got some green trees on her toes.
Saturday was the craft fair. I did surprisingly well! Ashlyn was such a big girl and helped me out. We were set up close to a lot of the play areas so she had fun (Aaron got home from work just a few hours before I started to set up so he was sleeping). While we were getting ready to go, Ashlyn found Hugo.
She thought it was too funny that he was pretending to be a candy cane. :) And our activity for the day was to color a Christmas picture. One of her favorite things to do is draw and color. She'll do it all day long if you let her.
This morning, Hugo was hanging out in our Christmas village.
For our activity we played some games like Christmas-themed Memory and a reindeer maze. :) Just over a week left until Christmas! I have a feeling we'll be very busy this week, but it will be a lot of fun. :) Have a good week!

That's it?! I need details and pictures about your Disney trip! ;)
ReplyDeleteI bet Ashlyn's toenails turned out cute! I painted Ashlynn's fingernails for the first time yesterday and she loves them. I need to repaint her toenails now, though, because they don't match. (Her fingernails are red and green, her toenails are pink *lol*)
I'm glad you did well at the craft fair but I'm definitely not surprised that you did! Your stuff is awesomely cute!
I can't believe Christmas is so close! I was so happy that I we finished all of our shopping so early on but I haven't wrapped a thing yet!! Now I feel so far behind!! Wrapping is the easy part, I'm usually done with that by now.
Today was a joke day for us and the joke was What do you call a snowman party? A snowball! I knew when I read your joke I had heard it before (or similar at least) but I couldn't remember if I used it or not. *lol* I thought it was kind of funny. If I remember correctly, today is our last joke day! I can't believe Christmas is going to be here so soon!
ReplyDelete