We hope you are having a wonderful Christmas! We're very thankful Aaron didn't have to work on Christmas Eve and got to spend Christmas morning with us as well before going to work that night. Christmas Eve morning started with cinnamon buns sprinkled with red, white, and green sprinkles. This is the second year we've done this and I think it's going to be our Christmas Eve breakfast each year. I tried to make it into a Christmas tree, but it didn't look right. lol
We put some chili on the stove to simmer for a few hours while we listened to Christmas music, watched Christmas shows, and other festive things. :) After dinner, we opened presents!
These are just a few of the things she got. Ashlyn was very spoiled. So were Mommy and Daddy. :) Even one of our neighbors stopped by and gave us a few wonderful gifts. Very unexpected and very sweet. Aaron got a mug from Ashlyn that she drew a picture of him on.
<s>Aaron</s> Ashlyn got me a gift certificate to WalMart to go pick some supplies to redo our pantry. We've been talking about painting it and making it look like a TARDIS (because we're dorks) for quite awhile and now we get to! Before bed we set out milk and cookies for Santa and some carrots for the reindeer. We've always put just one carrot out, but this year Ashlyn said that Santa has lots of reindeer so we needed to put another one out (whoops, just realized I forgot to take a pic after we set out the carrots).
We also put out a magic key for Santa to use since we don't have a fireplace.
While we were sleeping, Santa came!
Ashlyn got the Jake & the Neverland Pirates boat she asked Santa for, some coloring books, new crayons, a stuffed Izzy (from the Jake show), lip gloss, nail polish, candy, and other random things. I didn't get pictures, but Prim got a giant bone and Ali got a treat toy where you hide the treats and she has to knock over the right thing to get to them.
Christmas morning we always have pigs in a blanket for breakfast after the girls see what Santa brought them. I made my first "real" Christmas dinner this year. Before I've always done something a little extra special, but still pretty simple. This year we made beef roast, roasted mushrooms, green beans, and twice baked sweet potatoes. Some things were better than others, but I was glad I did something more special than usual and I know what I want to try differently next year. Besides that, we mainly just relaxed and Ashlyn has been playing nonstop. She's already really good with the computer type toys she got (the Innotab 2 and Tag Reader). She's been listening to books and playing games a lot! I have a feeling when I post on Sunday, I'm pretty much going to be saying the same thing. :)
How We Found Out Our Son Had Cancer...Again
7 years ago
That magic key is too cute! Dawson asked how Santa was going to get into our house because we don't have a fireplace and I told him a fireplace magically appears (like in The Santa Clause) *lol* He was like if I hurry out here can I see the fireplace? I told him no, that it would disappear as soon as Santa left. We did open presents in front of the fire, though, thanks to Amazon Instant Video our TV was our fireplace. :P
ReplyDeleteI love the mug that Ashlyn made Aaron, that's another good idea! I'm going to have to write that down as a possible gift idea for Dave sometime. I love helping the kids make stuff for him and he loves getting homemade stuff.
I'm glad you guys had such a great Christmas Eve and Christmas! Merry Christmas!!!