Sunday, December 2, 2012

Yay for December!

Yay, it's now December!  I just started feeling pretty much back to normal from the stomach bug today.  It stopped me from going to the grocery store for a couple of days, but I was not going to let it stop Christmas!  :)  One decoration I forgot to post a picture of was of our Christmas scene.  My Daddy and I put one up together every year and I thought Ashlyn was officially old enough this year for us to start that tradition as well.  :)


When our Christmas tree went up, our Elf on the Shelf, Hugo, came too.  The first day he arrived I forgot to take a picture, but he was sitting in our tree with Ashlyn's new ornament so it could be the first one up.

The next day, Ashlyn found Hugo reading a book.


The next day, no picture, because Hugo was just sitting at the top of the couch watching over Mommy (aka. this was the first day of Mommy's stomach bug, Daddy was working that night, and there was no one to do anything with him).

Then Hugo was found riding one of our reindeer decorations!


Saturday morning Hugo was hanging out in the cookie cutter wreath in our kitchen.


This morning, he must have been thirsty because he helped himself to a glass of water!


Ashlyn has had SO much fun finding Hugo in the mornings.  When she finds him she always says "Mommy, look at Hugo!"  This is the perfect age for Hugo, I think, and just really a lot of traditions and other activities.  For example, our advent activity for the 1st was to write a letter to Santa (she's shy about going to see him in person).  So we got on a website my friend told me about and sent him an email (welcome to 2012, right?).  Here is what Ashlyn told me to write:

"Dear Santa,

I love your bright coat and I love you so, so, so much.  May I have a Jake and the Neverland Pirates boat, please?  What is your favorite cookie? 

Thank you, Santa! 
Love,
Ashlyn"

Today's activity is to decorate Ashlyn's room with a few things she picked out at the dollar store last year and this year (plus her pink tabletop tree, of course).  It's going to be a fun Christmas.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment