Sunday, February 22, 2015

Our Week

It was quite the busy week.  I want to write a good intro, but it's just about 10pm on Sunday and I'm pretty tired.  lol  Enjoy the pictures!

February 16th

Ashlyn had her first cookie booth on Monday!  She is usually so painfully shy in front of people that I was happy she would be with one of the Brownies who she really likes.  She was a bit shy at the beginning, though a lot less than I thought she'd be.  Quickly she started asking everyone "Would you like to buy some Girl Scout cookies?" along with her friend.  Then maybe a half an hour later, she was asking everyone by herself!  She loved it and worked really hard.  We are very proud of her for doing her best and not letting her shyness take control.  It was a busy day because it was nice out and a holiday, so the girls sold a lot of boxes.  Ashlyn is looking forward to her next booth!


February 17th

Ashlyn came home from school saying how she learned about George Washington.  So she broke out the books about presidents that her Aunt Barbara sent her a bit ago.


February 18th

One of my coworkers paid me for the Girl Scout cookies she ordered and this is what she put on the envelope.  :)  I thought it was too cute.



February 19th

We made sure to order Thin Mints just so I could make these cupcakes.  They are chocolate cupcakes with a thin mint buttercream icing.  Aaron loved them and so did the people at my work!  I'm excited because I found a great chocolate cake recipe and the base for the buttercream is perfect, so I can use it for other recipes as well.


February 20th

Can you tell it's cold?


February 21st

I got my hair cut!  It was long enough so I was able to donate it.

Before


 After


February 22nd

Ashlyn was super pouty, but she still looked very pretty in the outfit she picked.  :) 


She perked up a bit at World Thinking Day, which is where a bunch of Girl Scout troops go and learn more about all sorts of different countries and make "swaps" representing a country and trade it with each other.  She had a blast.  She chose England to make something for and no, not because of me.  She honestly didn't even realize London was in England before I told her.  lol  We had decided she should pick a country that one of her ancestors came from, so I told her four of the countries that our families are from.  She knows Doctor Who, Winnie the Pooh, and Mary Poppins are from England so she wanted to choose that.  :)


Now we are on our way to the regular Girl Scout meeting for the week.  Have a great week coming up!

No comments:

Post a Comment