March 30th
Since this was the week of/before Easter, I decided to make Ashlyn cute little lunches each day (she only had school Monday through Thursday) that had to do with Easter or Spring. This was Monday's. She never mentions that she likes her lunches, so sometimes I think she doesn't care either way, but when I don't do anything for awhile, she asks for a special lunch. :)
March 31st
Ashlyn's really been wanting a swing in the backyard and we were determined to make one that looks like it belongs in a lush garden, not a regular plastic one, so we chose this day to go to Home Depot and get the materials to make one. Aaron did a wonderful job making it and hanging it from one of our trees and Ashlyn loves it!
April 1st
April Fool's Day! I told Ashlyn we were having cupcakes for dinner (she knew something was up because I warned her it was April Fool's Day) and we did! Technically they were meatloaf cupcakes with mashed potato frosting, but she loved them!
April 2nd
Ashlyn had her Easter egg hunt and Easter party at school today! She had so much fun. Thankfully two of my friends were able to volunteer and sent me a few pictures. Here's one of her after the egg hunt.
But I didn't take that picture, so here's mine for the day. We all love Phantom of the Opera, and Aaron found it on Netflix (not that we don't own it or anything, but Netflix has an extended version), so it made for a good movie night. I love everything Phantom of the Opera, I have to admit.
April 3rd
I took Ashlyn to help fill Easter bags for homebound seniors today. She absolutely loves to help people, and this opportunity came up through Girl Scouts, so it was perfect. She was able to volunteer with her best friend, too. They filled a lot of bags, so they will help bring smiles to a lot of people. I'm so proud of them!
April 4th
We met with Georgia and Kim for the day. It was a lot of fun! We went to a cute French pastry shop for lunch, shopped a little, and went to a Florida natural history museum. I honestly am looking forward to going to the museum again. We saw some cute animals and beautiful trees.
It rained on and off while we were there, but it is a great feeling standing under the trees, the rain not reaching you, and watching it hit the water.
I bonded with a sweet cow and silly goat (I would be the one to bond with the animals... Aaron says they can tell I am a vegetarian and wouldn't eat them haha) and the best part....
Ashlyn was able to climb the tree course (the one for her size. They also have one way high up for adults). She had so much fun and loved the zip line at the end, too. She was scared the first time, and I guess I have to admit at this point that I was actually having a minor panic attack starting when they were fitting her with the harness and all the way through her first trip (buying a wristband gets you two trips around), but the second time she did it like a pro and even went up to the highest parts. They learn how to do their clips all by themselves and everything. She just had the time of her life and wants to do it again the next time we go.
April 5th
We have been having a wonderful Easter. Ashlyn loved her Easter basket, we decorated eggs, had our annual viewing of "It's the Easter Beagle, Charlie Brown" which may be my favorite holiday special ever (Garfield's Halloween special being a close second, but that's neither here nor there), and will be having an early dinner of ham, mashed potatoes, Hawaiian rolls, deviled eggs, and strawberry/cucumber/feta salad with poppyseed dressing.
Happy Easter everyone! We'll be making sure to do something fun each day next week, too, and our first comic convention will be next weekend, so we'll have lots to share again.












No comments:
Post a Comment