So we made it to our very first comic convention on Sunday... MegaCon in Orlando!
I won't throw all our pictures at you, but we definitely had a blast. I felt a little nervous about asking some people if I could take a picture of or with them, but they're dressed up and know that people are going to want to take pictures, so I just need to get over that a bit. :)
We found the Doctor and Captain Jack:
A stormtrooper (I hate that the one picture that has Aaron in it is blurry, but my phone's camera just wasn't doing well in this environment. Next year we'll definitely be taking our nice camera.):
A dalek (Ashlyn was a bit scared of the dalek, especially once it started talking a little while later):
K9 was even there and moved around! This is one of my favorite pictures. I can just see the conversation...
Ashlyn: You're a good dog, K9!
K9: Affirmative, mistress.
We found a lady cosplaying as River Song. She was so sweet and let Ashlyn hold her gun for the picture.
Ashlyn absolutely loves Kim Possible right now and was so excited to find someone dressed as her! She was too shy to take a picture with her, but I let her take the picture.
We met one of our favorite geeky artists, Karen Hallion, and she signed a few cards we bought. She also told us, after seeing that Ashlyn is a My Little Pony fan, that there was another artist there who works on the My Little Pony comic books and that she does small watercolors of whatever you ask for!
Here's the final product... Doctor Whooves.
We got another pony art piece from another artist at the table who does the comics that Ashlyn just fell in love with. I was looking forward to roaming through Artist Alley and, though it was quite crowded through there, it did not disappoint.
We also found a great Joker and Harley Quinn.
Baymax showed up and was very cool! Ashlyn gave him a huge hug, he talked, did his signature fist bump, and his belly lit up with his "on a scale of 1 to 10, how do you feel" scale.
Near the end we finally found a Sherlock
and we nearly missed a huge Firefly group who happened to meet and take pictures for people!
We found a few Harry Potter cosplayers who were great, but this Gilderoy Lockhart was incredible. I saw pictures of him on a website either from a different con or last year's MegaCon, I can't remember. Anyway, he looked great, had the personality down, and his book cover's picture even moved, like the wizard pictures from the books and movies. Too cool!
On our way out of the con, this lovely lady came in dressed as Cinderella from the live action movie that just came out. I pretended like Ashlyn wanted to see her, but I was the one who was most excited. I'm in LOVE with this movie. Her friend she was with was even dressed like the Fairy Godmother from the movie. Anyway, she was super sweet.
I am still kicking myself that this came out blurry, but she posed like this and a couple other poses on the steps (notice the shoe in the background). Ashlyn and I almost lost Aaron in the crowd because I ran off to take this and didn't have a chance to tell him, but it was worth it. :)
It was a really fantastic experience, especially for our first con, so we will definitely be looking for more to go to and look forward to going to MegaCon again next year!
How We Found Out Our Son Had Cancer...Again
7 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment