I have another Halloween treat that I'm making today so I will probably post pics of that in our Halloween post. I made super good pancakes yesterday morning, too. We got some spiced pecan and pumpkin pancake mix from Williams Sonoma during our trip. Soooo yummy. Ashlyn liked them, too. :)
We got four pumpkins this year and decorated two. We got a medium and two small pumpkins mainly to use as decoration in pictures we took of Ashlyn in her costume. I took one of the small pumpkins and turned it into a vampire bat!
Then we bought a large pumpkin a few days ago to carve. It is our first jack-o-lantern together! We planned on letting Ashlyn play with the pumpkin guts a little bit since it is a different, slimy texture. She didn't like it at all, though! She grabbed for it and as soon as she felt how slimy it was, she wouldn't touch it again. lol But Aaron and I took turns scooping it out.
We rinsed the seeds, set them out to dry, and will be roasting them soon. We plan on seasoning some with salt, some with seasoned salt, and maybe some with cinnamon. I had wanted to try some with pumpkin spice, but all the "best if used by" dates on the ones at the NEX had passed. Oh well, maybe next year!
We saw a pattern book when we got our pumpkin filled with unique "shadow" stencils and we picked it up. You carve both sides of the pumpkin and the back side creates a shadow on the wall. We picked the rats with the cat shadow. It turned out really, really cool. (See the cat on the wall?)
And the shadow will probably show up even better outside in the middle of the night. I'm going to take more pictures of the front of our house on Halloween night. We didn't get all our decorations out this year, but that's okay. We were slightly busy this month! :) Have a great day!
I think I see Ashlyn standing by the oven...Dawson does that too when we are in the kitchen. He likes seeing his reflection. And if I have hand towels hanging on the bar of the oven, he pulls them down. I have 3 really cute Halloween ones that I'd like to have up, but they end up on the floor more than they are hanging!
ReplyDeleteI really like your cookies and pumpkins. Everything turned out cute!
Ashlyn loves to look at her reflection in anything reflective, including the oven door and the laptop!
ReplyDeleteShe also pulls down the kitchen towels whenever I forget to put them on the counter while she is playing in there. We have two magnetic toys for the fridge or dishwasher (depending on which one I need to use more at the moment) otherwise I would never get anything done in the kitchen! And even those only help a little bit. :)