Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Where the Birds Sing Words and the Flowers Croon

** Think Ashlyn is The Cutest Fall Baby of 2009? Go here to vote! (One vote per person & voting ends at midnight EST on 10/30.)**

Hello again! Yesterday we told you about our hotel and trip to Downtown Disney. As promised, today is all about the rides! We weren't sure how Ashlyn would do on them, but she loved them all. Especially It's A Small World and the Enchanted Tiki Room. We think she is still too young to be scared by anything very much. Next year when we go it might be a different story because she'll be more aware that certain things can be scary, you know what I mean? I'm hoping she'll still like most everything, though.

Anyway, I had planned on going on Peter Pan's Flight first but that didn't end up happening. We were going to go straight to Toontown Fair to visit with Mickey and Minnie, but it opens an hour after the rest of the park. Right next to Toontown Fair is the Winnie-the-Pooh ride and it was a 5 minute wait (not even that) so we went ahead and got on. Turns out EVERYTHING was walk on that day, so that was awesome.


Ashlyn loved her very first ride. So we turned the corner and hopped on Peter Pan's Flight. One of the best rides in the Magic Kingdom and Disneyland.


There are little differences between the one here and the one in Disneyland. It was really cool for me to see how all the rides are a little different from each other. One day we'll all go to Disneyland and then Aaron and Ashlyn can check out the differences, too. :)

Then we hopped on It's A Small World. Like I said earlier, this was one of Ashlyn's absolute favorites. She kept pointing at everything and was just so excited. (Don't mind me in the video. I really thought Aaron was taking pictures, not video.)




A little while later we got on the Magic Carpets of Aladdin. Only Ashlyn and I got on because Aaron wanted to take a video. Ashlyn enjoyed it except when the camel that is by the ride spit water at us. lol Even that didn't bother her too much. You can see it a little in the video (plus you can hear Aaron laughing at us).



Ashlyn's other favorite attraction was the Enchanted Tiki Room. She bounced, danced, sang, and crooned with the birds and flowers.


We also went on Pirates of the Caribbean. I hadn't seen either ride (here or at Disneyland) after they added Captain Jack Sparrow, Barbosa, and Davy Jones from the movies so I was extra excited.


We also walked onto the Haunted Mansion. There were a few differences between this one and the Mansion at Disneyland. Some things I like better at the World and some things I like better at the Land. Either way, it's an awesome ride. One of my favorites. I was afraid Ashlyn might be scared, but she wasn't at all. She did get a little nervous and gripped onto me a little tighter when all the lights went out in the stretching room, but she didn't cry at all. She knew Mommy and Daddy would keep her safe. :)


The last ride of the day was the Jungle Cruise. Guess what type of snake this is....


I'll give you a hint. It starts with a "P." Yep, that's right. It's.... a plastic snake!

Plus, we got to see the 8th wonder of the world.... what everyone came to DisneyWorld to see.... (say it with me, Daddy) the backside of water!!!! *ahem* Sorry. Couldn't help it.

We had decided to take a short ride on the train (a must-do considering how much Walt loved trains) and Ashlyn played with her new Baby Simba the whole time, playing with his paws and giving him kisses.


Next up tomorrow will be the characters we encountered! See ya real soon!

1 comment:

  1. That is awesome that Ashlyn loved the rides! I look forward to taking Dawson to Disneyland when we move back to California. He's already been on some of the rides there, because we went when I was 12 or 13 weeks pregnant. *lol* Does that count?

    ReplyDelete