No new pictures right now, but I really wanted to let you all in on some new developments. I think it is safe to say that Ashlyn is officially a walker! She walks around everywhere, stays standing when you set her down, and feels confident enough to let go of your finger when walking around (even when she isn't supposed to let go!). She even dances and everything without leaning on stuff for support. As we speak she is walking all around the house, just exploring things from her new perspective. Sometimes it's almost like she forgets she can walk and will hold onto a wall or something, but then it's like she remembers and is all "hey, I don't need to hold onto anything!" :) She's really grown up a lot in the past couple of weeks!
Oh, she also knows where her nose, belly, and feet are. We are now working on ears. We just started those, though. She knows what a horse and sheep say (though her sounds are the same for them). She kinda says hop and bounces when asked what a rabbit does. When asked what an elephant says she lifts up her arm and makes elephant noises. She growls when asked what a tiger, lion, or bear says. A couple of times when I've said hi to her she's waved and said it back. She doesn't do it every time, though. She's also becoming a really good parrot. She mimics a lot of things we say, even if it doesn't come out perfectly.
Let's see.... she LOVES music! She dances and sings A LOT when there is music playing. One funny thing we've noticed lately is that she likes Wheel of Fortune! I'll be watching it and when she hears the music start she gets all excited and come running over wanting to get on the couch with me. Then she'll clap when everyone else claps. It's pretty cute.
I'm sure there's more, but I can't think of it right now. I will post again when I think of anything, or when she does something new, and hopefully there will be new pictures with it! :)
How We Found Out Our Son Had Cancer...Again
7 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment