After reading a bunch of ideas on a Disney discussion board I frequent, Aaron and I have decided it would be cool to have a movie theme night once in awhile... every 2 weeks or so. We kept our first theme "night" pretty simple. I already have plans to make them much more elaborate as Ashlyn gets older and can do more advanced activities and can understand what the decorations and activities have to do with the movie. We were planning on watching
101 Dalmatians since we just purchased it. And instead of a movie night, we had a movie morning on Saturday. We had chocolate chip pancakes...

...and dalmatian milk.

We ended up not watching our movie because while we were cleaning up from breakfast the power went out. Our netbook was fully charged, though, and we have a few movies on the hard drive so we went ahead and watched
Up instead.
Sunday we finally got to sit and watch
101 Dalmatians. After the movie I sat down with Ashlyn to do a little activity. I had printed out a picture of one of the dalmatians, got out some circle stickers I had lying around, and I let her "Put the Spots on the Dalmatian!" It was her first time doing anything with stickers and she had SO much fun!

In a couple of weeks we are going to do a night for either The Little Mermaid or Finding Nemo. I'm not sure which one I want to do yet, but I have food ideas for each one (not a whole lot different from each other lol). I just have to think of some good activities.
No comments:
Post a Comment