Sunday, February 28, 2010

I Shall Call Him Squishy, and He Shall Be Mine, and He Shall Be My Squishy.

Saturday was our Family Movie Night. We chose to watch Finding Nemo! That morning, coincidentally, we went to the beach with another family. It was fun, but Ashlyn does NOT like getting dirty. It has been raining pretty hard recently so the sand was still wet and it stuck to your skin more than usual. She still played, but not too much. And she usually loves the water, but it was cold so she didn't enjoy it too much this time. Once she got used to the sand a little bit, though, she played with her beach toys. Here is Ashlyn and our friends' son, Logan.

I will post all about our beach morning in a couple of days, but today I want to tell you all about our movie night. For dinner, instead of surf, we had turf (hamburgers) since "fish are friends, not food!" :)

We also had macaroni and cheese but Ashlyn's transformed into an anemone where Nemo, Marlin, and friends could play (goldfish crackers).

For dessert was Ocean Cookies! I just made some break and bake sugar cookies, put on some blue icing gel, and put on some Finding Nemo fruit snacks. All three of us really enjoyed them.

After dinner I made a little color matching game for Ashlyn. Unfortunately I didn't take any pictures of that, but all I did was color in some fish (3 orange, 3 blue, and 3 red), cut them out, and just tried to get Ashlyn to match the colors. She didn't do very well, but it was her first time. We're going to keep working on it and I know she'll get the hang of it in no time. :) After the activity we watched the movie! We've really been enjoying our movie nights and we're definitely going to be keeping it up. Our next one won't be for a few weeks, instead of just 2, since our trip is coming up so quickly. I think our next one will be the Saturday after The Princess and the Frog comes out so we can do that movie. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment