As we have done every year, we went to Walt Disney World to celebrate Ashlyn's birthday. We stayed at the new Art of Animation and we loved it! This post will be all about the room and I'll include lots of other pictures in the next post. We stayed in the Little Mermaid rooms and Aaron said this is the kind of hotel that he always wished Disney had, themed to actual Disney stuff. The moderate and deluxe hotels are awesome and well themed and maybe you don't want to be around animated scenes when spending extra $$$, but the other values are themed around time periods, music, movies, and sports. This hotel is now our favorite value (I'd say overall, but we do love Port Orleans French Quarter). Anyway, here's a tour of our room.
The beds
Mirror/light by the front of the room
The side table under this mirror had the music/lyrics to "Under the Sea" painted on.
Window curtains.
Picture next to the beds.
Curtain separating room and bathroom.
Bathroom counter.
Shower curtain.
Inside the shower.
Wall hooks.
Sorry for all the pictures of the room, but it really was super cute. There are other sections of the hotel that have family suites and the themes are Lion King, Cars, and Finding Nemo. In each section there are giant statues (like The Little Mermaid had King Triton, Ursula, and Ariel along with smaller statues of Prince Eric, a "dinglehopper," and more). We took pictures of those with our phones, though, so I will have to upload those later. :)
Love, love, LOVE the room!!! I remember when we stayed in the Grand Californian hotel I was expecting more Disney touches in the room. What they had was nice but the hotel you stayed at is perfect in my opinion!!! What did Ashlyn think of it? I bet she was in heaven! Are the beds twin sized? Hard to tell in the pic but that's what they look like.
ReplyDelete