Sunday, September 2, 2012

Weekly Update

The beginning half of our week was pretty normal.  We didn't get hit by Isaac really at all.  We got a little rain, but nothing bad.  Wednesday early evening was pretty wet, but again, nothing consistent or horrible.  The rain that day waited until after Ashlyn's classes, so that was nice.  Ashlyn did great in ballet class (her teacher said she's a natural) and learned a lot in her sign language class (she remembered all the signs from last week and caught on to the new signs very easily).  We are very proud of her.  She's been a little extra moody for a few days because she's been a bit sick.  We all have been.  Nothing too bad, just mainly feeling yicky and Ashlyn was sneezing and coughing a lot for a couple of days.  Wednesday the cold or whatever hit me pretty hard and Aaron got up to take care of Ashlyn and Prim Thursday morning for me.  And he ordered pizza/pasta/wings from Pizza Hut for lunch (with enough for leftovers for dinner) so I could rest and not have to worry about cooking.  Isn't he sweet?  Thursday night I finally started feeling like I could stand for any amount of time and be productive.  I'm glad that Isaac and our sickness came and went before our day trip to Disney next week, though.  Silver lining, people... silver lining.  Thursday was also my Dad's birthday.  Happy birthday, Daddy!

Ashlyn's doing great during school in the morning.  She's known the sounds the letters make for awhile now (though she has improved on the few that she didn't know), but now you can tell her a word and ask her what letter it starts with and most of the time she'll be able to tell you.  It's really cute to watch her while she repeats the word and thinks about it, then how proud she is when she knows it.  :)  Each week I am going to be planning "fun days," usually on Fridays but depends on what I have planned, where we won't really have lessons but will do something based on the theme that week.  Since this week is space, we created a picture of space and then shot some shooting stars across it. The shooting stars were paper stars on sticks that she blew across the sky we made by putting it in a straw and blowing in the other end.


Ashlyn loved it.  Next week we'll be learning a bit about all the countries.  Nothing in depth, just an introduction, I guess.  :)  Saturday was a Doctor Who marathon (again).  The season premiere was that night and they were showing the whole season before it all day.  That is the season we're on so we watched a few episodes and will catch up during the week so we're current on the show.  Yay! And now here we are at the first Sunday of September (wait a minute, didn't I just put up a post with "Welcome to August" in it?  Wow, August flew by)!  We will have a lot of pictures for you next time.  Have a great week!

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry that you guys got sick, hopefully you're feeling better now. Dawson and Ashlynn both had runny noses this week. Ashlynn's was a lot worse than Dawson's, as usual.

    I wish I could find a sign language class to get the kids in. I think they'd both like it! We taught Ashlynn a few signs awhile ago but the only one that she still uses is the sign for "more."

    ReplyDelete