Saturday, March 6, 2010

Beach Pictures - Finally!

We've been really busy getting everything settled for our trip. We leave tomorrow afternoon!!! I didn't want to leave without posting those beach pictures I promised you from last weekend, though. Sorry for the wait!

We went to Girl Scout Beach with another family. When we first got there, Aaron took Ashlyn to the water. She LOVES the water, but it had been raining and overcast for awhile (which is why the sand looks so dark - it never got a chance to dry) so the water was just too cold for her to enjoy.

I took Ashlyn around to look for shells or sea glass, but she is really not a fan of getting dirty, so she didn't want to pick anything up.

Here are a couple of pictures of Ashlyn and her friend, Logan. He's 10 months old. We had brought Ashlyn's beach toys and he had a blast with them. He didn't have a problem with getting dirty at all!!!! Ashlyn eventually started playing with her toys a little bit, but didn't have as much fun as I had hoped. She just really didn't like being dirty. I'm hoping that next time we go when everything is dry again, the sand won't stick to her quite as badly and she'll enjoy it more. Always worth a shot!

I had to take a picture of her cute little feet all covered in sand. ♥

Here is a random picture of part of the beach.

And the stairs you have to climb down to get to the beach.

They aren't bad going down, but after a morning filled with playing and snorkeling, they are not fun climbing back up!

This is Iggy, the greedy iguana.

He noticed that I was feeding Ashlyn a banana and wanted some. He certainly didn't get any, but he came down right to us. I was hanging out with Logan's mom while Aaron was teaching her husband to snorkel, so we grabbed up the kids and went towards the water to get away from Iggy. He walked right over our beach towel and sat among the beach toys. He eventually left there to come even closer to us and just kept eyeing me and Ashlyn's banana. He wouldn't get too close to us, though. Once Aaron got out of the water he scared Iggy away so we were able to go play again. :) I'd like to say I didn't want to scare him off because I had Ashlyn and didn't want to take any chances, and that is definitely true, but I'm also a wuss so even if it was just me I probably wouldn't have.

We hope you enjoy the pictures! I will have LOTS to write about once we come back from our trip. Have a wonderful week!

1 comment:

  1. Darling pictures of the kids. Awesome pictures of the beach and scenery. Love it.
    Aunt Barb

    ReplyDelete