We are now to our last day with my dad. :( We were planning on spending the whole day at the Magic Kingdom, but it was raining on and off all morning and by the late afternoon it was just pouring. They even canceled the meet and greet with Princess Tiana. I wasn't happy about that, but we'll get another chance.
Okay, so as you've seen, Ashlyn's hair had been getting pretty long. She even started pushing it out of her face so she could see. When she started that, it made up our minds on something we had been thinking about for a little bit... it was time to get her 1st hair cut!!!! What better place to do that than Disney World? We knew she would freak out anywhere we had it done, so might as well pick a place that meant something to us, right?

The lady wasn't great, especially near the end, but she tried to distract Ashlyn with stickers and light up toys. Didn't work. Poor thing was terrified, but she got over it and she can see!!!

Her bangs are pushed to the side a little because I swear she looks like Johnny Depp in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory when I don't! (Maybe not exactly in this picture, but I still think she does when her hair isn't tucked behind her ears.)

She looks SUPER cute with pig tails, though... just like Boo in Monster's Inc. (We took this pic the day after we got home.)

And here she is with her Mickey ears! She got them after her haircut... it says "First Haircut" right on the back (I know I look tired... this was after we decided to stop running around the Magic Kingdom in the rain and I was kinda worn out)!

After her haircut, we were able to do at least a few things. We went to go see storytime with Belle. It was really cute. They had a few kids come up to play characters, and a dad came up later to play the Beast. This is something I'll definitely want to go do again when Ashlyn is older.

We also went on a few rides. One of them, that we ALL love, is Pirates of the Caribbean. This time, though, Ashlyn was napping but since we were on our way out, we went ahead and jumped on. Surprisingly Ashlyn slept through the whole thing! We had mentioned going in early and after the meet and greet with Princess Tiana was canceled, the rain started to come down harder, and thunder started rolling, we decided it was going to be best to go back to the hotel and just relax. We probably would have stayed out, but we didn't want to take the chance on getting Ashlyn sick at all. It was a wonderful trip with my dad and we are so blessed to have been able to do it!!!
That is so neat that her first haircut was at Disney World! I love the Mickey ears that she got! For some reason I didn't realize that she got the Mickey ears that I asked you about. Now that I think about it, I have no idea how I didn't realize it, you even told me it said first haircut on the back. Anyway, her haircut is SO adorable!
ReplyDeleteStorytime with Belle sounds so fun! Beauty and the Beast is one of my favorite movies!
I love the picture of you and your dad in profile.
ReplyDeleteAunt Barb